The Student Room Group

Microgynon 30 & paranoia

Okay so let’s refer to the day I started the new pack of pills after my 7 day break as “day 1”. And because I’m a dumbass, i end up taking them at 10/11pm… anyway, ay 3, I’m out and forget to take my pills with me so I ended up not taking them on that day, so the morning after at like 10:15am I rushed back home and took one as soon as, and continued as normal afterwards, 10/11pm every night. So a week after I started the new pack, day 8, I had sex without a condom thinking I was okay, however now I’ve started to panic about whether or not the missed pill on day 3 has reduced the effectiveness… now please can someone either tell me to shut up worrying, or get my ass to the doctor? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so let’s refer to the day I started the new pack of pills after my 7 day break as “day 1”. And because I’m a dumbass, i end up taking them at 10/11pm… anyway, ay 3, I’m out and forget to take my pills with me so I ended up not taking them on that day, so the morning after at like 10:15am I rushed back home and took one as soon as, and continued as normal afterwards, 10/11pm every night. So a week after I started the new pack, day 8, I had sex without a condom thinking I was okay, however now I’ve started to panic about whether or not the missed pill on day 3 has reduced the effectiveness… now please can someone either tell me to shut up worrying, or get my ass to the doctor? Thank you

You should be okay, one late pill lowers the effectiveness by a very small amount. However, the pill isn't 100% and you can still get pregnant with perfect use. It also doesn't protect from STDs so if you panic after one late pill, use a condom too.

Quick Reply

Latest