The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've never been but it sounds like my idea of hell. I wouldn't go if I were you, as if anyone half decent would be there?
Reply 2
puppy
I've never been but it sounds like my idea of hell. I wouldn't go if I were you, as if anyone half decent would be there?

Why not?

I for one would consider going speed dating. I happen to be a good looking, well dressed highly intelligent man, who is both very confident and generally takes very good care of both my health and appearance.

I am a real catch for any girl, but I don’t find time to meet new people, because I live a very busy life (work and other commitments)

I say go, have fun and try your luck. Not everyone there is going to be Quasimodo
I think it'd be a right laugh. I'm taken but it'd still be a great way to meet people when you're single. You'd get the weirdo's, but then you'd get the people who are also there just for a laugh, so it could be fun!
Reply 4
puppy

I don't see why there wouldn't be. I'm sure plenty of completely ordinary people go. Even if just like my friends they would be going because they thought it would be funny, that doesn't mean they're going to be horrendous looking morons or anything like that.
I dont see why not. Its another chance to meet people. What hav eyou got to lose?
Varsity
Why not?

I for one would consider going speed dating. I happen to be a good looking, well dressed highly intelligent man, who is both very confident and generally takes very good care of both my health and appearance.

I am a real catch for any girl

Yes, and you forgot to say you were "modest" too :rolleyes:
Reply 7
graemematt
Yes, and you forgot to say you were "modest" too :rolleyes:

Aww, beaten. lol
Reply 8
wordsearch
I don't see why there wouldn't be. I'm sure plenty of completely ordinary people go. Even if just like my friends they would be going because they thought it would be funny, that doesn't mean they're going to be horrendous looking morons or anything like that.

Men don't do that kind of thing for a joke though, only women.
Reply 9
Varsity
Why not?

I am a real catch for any girl, but I don’t find time to meet new people, because I live a very busy life (work and other commitments)

I say go, have fun and try your luck. Not everyone there is going to be Quasimodo

Well then you must have some other hideous character floor if you need to go speed dating. Your life can't be that busy if you have time to waste there but not out in the real world meeting people.
Reply 10
I've done this with friends as a laugh. It was **** in terms of men, but AMAZING fun if you like laughing at guys trying so hard it hurt.
Reply 11
puppy
Well then you must have some other hideous character floor if you need to go speed dating. Your life can't be that busy if you have time to waste there but not out in the real world meeting people.

I think you’re wrong.

I have never been speed dating myself, but I think your presumption that anyone who attends much be ugly or stupid is very naive.

Also think about what you just said, waste time... What meeting lots of people very quickly? I would think that’s an efficient use of time.
If you fancy it, give it a go. What have you got to lose?
ive been speed dating and there were a few very attractive men, it was great fun but didnt get any matches sadly
Is it just me that thinks it would be fun? I've never been but I think it'd be such jokes.
Reply 14
Varsity
I think you’re wrong.

I have never been speed dating myself, but I think your presumption that anyone who attends much be ugly or stupid is very naive.

Also think about what you just said, waste time... What meeting lots of people very quickly? I would think that’s an efficient use of time.
If you fancy it, give it a go. What have you got to lose?

You can meet loads of people at once in tonnes of situations, like any bar you go to or any social event.

I don't think everyone is ugly and stupid I just can't imagine it's going to be wall to wall with eligible men. And I'm not naive.
Reply 15
puppy
You can meet loads of people at once in tonnes of situations, like any bar you go to or any social event.

I don't think everyone is ugly and stupid I just can't imagine it's going to be wall to wall with eligible men.

Why else would they be at speed dating?

puppy
And I'm not naive.

And I dont have a 'hideous character floor' (flaw). Assumptions suck eh?

All I am saying is, I dont see how speed dating (or for that matter any sort of dating, like blind dates set up by friends, or adverts on the net) are negative in any way.

If it help, it help. If not, at least you have put yourself out there.
Reply 16
Varsity
Why else would they be at speed dating?

And I dont have a 'hideous character floor' (flaw). Assumptions suck eh?

All I am saying is, I dont see how speed dating (or for that matter any sort of dating, like blind dates set up by friends, or adverts on the net) are negative in any way.

If it help, it help. If not, at least you have put yourself out there.

Why would they be at speed dating? Because they can't meet women anywhere else.

Hahaha did I really write 'floor'? What a moron.

I don't mind meeting people from online (though usually only within uni) but I can't think of anything more hideous than having to force polite conversation with 20 different losers in one night, sounds like utter hell. Not sure I really want to 'put myself out there' into that kind of situation.
Reply 17
puppy
Why would they be at speed dating? Because they can't meet women anywhere else.

Hmm, depends. Maybe the can meet women, but always the wrong women. Or possibly they can't meet women for reasons such as they can't approach women. :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending