The Student Room Group

Teenage only holiday destinations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Niltiac229
No problem!! Another thing which is kind of stating the obvious is to make sure you check TripAdvisor before choosing a hotel- you might find people have really good things to say about the really cheap places that you might've dismissed for looking really basic or vice versa, people may have complained about a more expensive place being awful. Feel like that's just such a basic thing to say but it's so important to remember that (to a certain extent) the quality of a hotel isn't always reflected in how much it costs!x

yea will defo check the reviews, not sure what i’d do without tripadvisor!!x
Loads of places are fairly cheap at this time of year to be honest because it's "low season". They get expensive towards the spring/summer, and during school holidays.

As for safety, somewhere like Albufeira always felt pretty safe to me - Portugal as a whole is probably safer than many parts of the UK really.

The nightlife in Albufeira is decent, although the drinking age in Portugal is 18. I don't know how strict they are at checking your ID. Probably not as strict if you at least look and act 18 anyway.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
The park lol

wow will have to do some research on that one👍🏼
Original post by winterscoming
Loads of places are fairly cheap at this time of year to be honest because it's "low season". They get expensive towards the spring/summer, and during school holidays.

As for safety, somewhere like Albufeira always felt pretty safe to me - Portugal as a whole is probably safer than many parts of the UK really.

The nightlife in Albufeira is decent, although the drinking age in Portugal is 18. I don't know how strict they are at checking your ID. Probably not as strict if you at least look and act 18 anyway.

fab, thank you will look into that x
Wow how do you afford going on holiday abroad at such a young age, my best holiday was to cornwall
Original post by Reginafalange100
Hi,

In the summer me and 2 other friends want to go on a girls holiday. We will all be 17 years old but we are very sensible:wink:!!

We don’t want anywhere like magaluf or ibiza that is too “clubby” because I think we are quite young for that.

We want a cheap place that has a mixture of bars and clubs but is also safe. Anyone got any suggestions or advice?

Thank you!! xx

Turkey! It's really cheap (they don't care about ID in the slightest). Somewhere like Marmaris, Oludeniz or Bodrum. I went when I was 17. One thing to consider is many hotels require a credit card to be put down on the rooms when you check in, to cover damages etc. so you will have to keep that in mind.
Malta would be perfect for you
- a drinking age of 17 (rare)
- hot weather, really nice (and funny) people
- a mixture of a chilled out atmosphere but somewhere to go clubbing

I went there last year and considering how small the island is, there is something to do every day for at least a month and it only takes 40 minutes to get from one side to the other (with cheap transport)
Reply 27
As long as you avoid the usual 18-30s resorts then there are plenty of places to go in Greece:

Sidari in Corfu
Hersonissos in Crete
Tsilivi in Zante

All have a decent choice of nightlife and a mix of ages. The cheapest out of all the Greek Islands is Zante.
come to my back garden, you’ll have a blast
Hiya, i’m 17 and finding it very hard to book a holiday that will except me and my friend (17 too) because of our age. Please tell me how you did it and where you went!! - or if you have booked xxx
Hiya, i’m 17 and finding it very hard to book a holiday that will except me and my friend (17 too) because of our age. Please tell me how you did it and where you went!! - or if you have booked xxx
Reply 31
Original post by clThdjnw
Have you tried booking flights and accommodation separately. Try maybe Easyjet for the flights and Travel Republic, Booking.com or Alpharooms for accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest