The Student Room Group

Studying masters abroad post-Brexit

I'm an EU citizen about to get British citizenship (I've done all of my schooling and uni in the UK).

I would like to get a master's in the EU (most likely Holland) after graduation this summer, but preferably after a gap year.

The fees for EU students are currently around 2,000 euro, with fees for International students at around 14,000. I really want to take a gap year, but with the prospect of fees increasing so much, I'm not sure if I should just bite the bullet and commit to one (or two) more year(s).

I know everything is uncertain regarding Brexit, but does anyone have any predictions/advice?

Cheers
You said you're about to get British citizenship so I'm guessing you're currently a citizen of another EU country if that's the case I'd recommend getting dual citizenship so you'll get the benefits of both without any international student problems
Reply 2
Original post by Frowlands
You said you're about to get British citizenship so I'm guessing you're currently a citizen of another EU country if that's the case I'd recommend getting dual citizenship so you'll get the benefits of both without any international student problems

I am getting dual citizenship. I am worried though that as I haven't lived in my home country since I was 4 that I may be classed as a British student (esp if it means they get more money).
Original post by bc28
I am getting dual citizenship. I am worried though that as I haven't lived in my home country since I was 4 that I may be classed as a British student (esp if it means they get more money).

If your still being classed as an EU citizen it should be fine.
I've been looking into getting dual nationality as I don't want to be completely cut off from Europe so I've been looking into all this stuff and I'm pretty sure they can't discriminate as long as you still have your citizenship.
Reply 4
Whats wrong with British universities for a masters ???????

Quick Reply

Latest