How hard is accounting and finance Watch

TheOracleMan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would just like to know how hard the math is that is used in accounting & finance and also how hard the degree overall is. I'm currently studying Btec Business, Btec Law and A level sociology. My predicted grades are distinction, distinction, B. I also recieved a grade 5 at GCSE (C/B). Do you think I would be able to cope with the math and the overall course ?
King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do business management or ‘management’ That way you can choose the modules you want to study and keep away from the ‘maths’ ones.

Also this degree gives you a broad range of skills and many top accountants, business men, economists, bankers and politicians hold this type of degree.

Hope that helps
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless you want to get into accounting, then do what Alfaz said. Accounting and Finance is dry af course for most people, even for Math fans, it can easily become dull. I'm doing it coz welp, I did Accounting AS level and was the only A level I passed lmao and I actually liked it over my AS Maths, even though that was my strongest subject.
TheOracleMan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Alfaz Brepotra)
Do business management or ‘management’ That way you can choose the modules you want to study and keep away from the ‘maths’ ones.

Also this degree gives you a broad range of skills and many top accountants, business men, economists, bankers and politicians hold this type of degree.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the advice 👍🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads