Hamza.Ayub
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A few questions as I'm doing a science GCSE. Are trilogy and combined science the same thing?

Could anyone give me some tips on the combined science GCSE?
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm Assuming you mean Triple Science and Double Science as we called it.

They are both in turn exactly the same thing, you still have to take all 3 sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) however the difference is, In Double Science you take one exam for each in Year 10 (Science) and then the next three exams the following year (Additional Science) in Year 11
with Triple science you take 3 exams for each of the subjects totaling 9 exams, with triple science you take them all at the end of Year 11
jamescrowe15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CopyThat)
I'm Assuming you mean Triple Science and Double Science as we called it.

They are both in turn exactly the same thing, you still have to take all 3 sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) however the difference is, In Double Science you take one exam for each in Year 10 (Science) and then the next three exams the following year (Additional Science) in Year 11
with Triple science you take 3 exams for each of the subjects totaling 9 exams, with triple science you take them all at the end of Year 11
I thought triple was 3 modules for each subject, P1, P2, P3, C1, C2, C3, B1, B2, B3 and double science was P1, P2, C1, C2, B1, B2. Is that what you mean. When I did my GCSE's I done triple and the people I know doing double done what I stated.
Hamza.Ayub
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I only get two gcses at the end of it
Josh827
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
triple science has the same amount of exams as core science now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (13)
7.1%
They've been reasonable (76)
41.53%
Not feeling great... (47)
25.68%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise