London Academy of Excellence vs. Brampton Manor Academy

Watch
Schoolquestions
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I live in East London and these are the best sixth forms in the area
While LAE was my first choice, after going to the Brampton open day I was very impressed and the school appears to be able to improve my grades and provide good education and have a progress score of 0.68
LAE is also known for being very good too, they provided 80% of their students in Russel Group unis and have a progress score of 0.58

What are your opinions about the school (please message if you went to either)
Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Schoolquestions)
I live in East London and these are the best sixth forms in the area
While LAE was my first choice, after going to the Brampton open day I was very impressed and the school appears to be able to improve my grades and provide good education and have a progress score of 0.68
LAE is also known for being very good too, they provided 80% of their students in Russel Group unis and have a progress score of 0.58

What are your opinions about the school (please message if you went to either)
Thanks
They are both good.

Work out whats important to you:

Happy time.
Develop you as a student.
Prospect of good grades.
Travel.

The most important one is about grades imo.

LAE has an Ofsted grade of 2= Good.
Brampton has an Ofsted rating of 1= Outstanding.
https://www.compare-school-performan.../school/138403

https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspec...der/ELS/136669
Did you get to talk to any pupils on the open days?
Schoolquestions
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
They are both good.

Work out whats important to you:

Happy time.
Develop you as a student.
Prospect of good grades.
Travel.

The most important one is about grades imo.

LAE has an Ofsted grade of 2= Good.
Brampton has an Ofsted rating of 1= Outstanding.
https://www.compare-school-performan.../school/138403

https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspec...der/ELS/136669
Did you get to talk to any pupils on the open days?
Thanks for your reply
both LAE and Brampton offer enrichment to add to personal statements (only LAE allows for use of better centres and facilities due to its location)

the Brampton open day was very long winded and he student tour guide we had seemed quite fake, not in a rude way just like he was saying very cliche and robotic responses.

I feel as though Brampton's grades are because of their low retention rate (many kicked out if receiving low grades) LAE has this too but a far higher number of them complete the full course

At LAE we talked to students and they gave a range of different responses

because of travel and having the same success as Brampton, LAE is my first choice but since u couldn't stay long in Brampton open day I'd love a more realistic idea of the school than what the tour guide said
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Schoolquestions)
Thanks for your reply
both LAE and Brampton offer enrichment to add to personal statements (only LAE allows for use of better centres and facilities due to its location)

the Brampton open day was very long winded and he student tour guide we had seemed quite fake, not in a rude way just like he was saying very cliche and robotic responses.

I feel as though Brampton's grades are because of their low retention rate (many kicked out if receiving low grades) LAE has this too but a far higher number of them complete the full course

At LAE we talked to students and they gave a range of different responses

because of travel and having the same success as Brampton, LAE is my first choice but since u couldn't stay long in Brampton open day I'd love a more realistic idea of the school than what the tour guide said
If you have been offered places, then ask to revisit or spend a day there. My priority would be where I would get the best results from? That is down to some careful consideration and you knowing yourself.
Sunnylondra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Re. the comment of 'Very Important Poster' that LAE has an Ofsted rating of 'Good' whilst Brampton has an Ofsted rating of 'Outstanding', that is incorrect.

LAE has a 2017 Ofsted rating of outstanding in all categories.

I think that Brampton's last Ofsted inspection was in 2012 (also outstanding).

I hope that helps ...
bratzandi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey I see your reply was 2 years ago, where did you end up going and how did you find it ? x
x_precious_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I literally have little left than a month left and I still am not decided. Where are you going LAE or Brampton and why?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.96%

Watched Threads