CCG confusion Watch

Jessicat1986
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

My husband had to stop working due to an injury and decided to start his degree full time. As I’m on a masters he applied for the childcare grant so our son could go to nursery for a few sessions a week while we study. He had only earned around £6k when he had to stop working and we were within the threshold for CCG. We were awarded approximately 80% of the estimates of £101 per week.

As it turns out after the first 6 weeks, the extra 30min session we had anticipated using and included in our estimate wasn’t needed and our costs were actually £93 per week. We knew he would see this reflected when the actual costs were submitted, as it worked out at around £300-£350 less per year.

Instead his entitlement has come back at and they’ve reduced his entitlement by almost £70 per week, when costs have only gone down by £8. That’s a reduction of over £3600 for the year. No overpayment has been generated, no other figures (such as income) have changed.

Are we missing something that could mean this is the new correct amount?
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jessicat1986)
Hi,

My husband had to stop working due to an injury and decided to start his degree full time. As I’m on a masters he applied for the childcare grant so our son could go to nursery for a few sessions a week while we study. He had only earned around £6k when he had to stop working and we were within the threshold for CCG. We were awarded approximately 80% of the estimates of £101 per week.

As it turns out after the first 6 weeks, the extra 30min session we had anticipated using and included in our estimate wasn’t needed and our costs were actually £93 per week. We knew he would see this reflected when the actual costs were submitted, as it worked out at around £300-£350 less per year.

Instead his entitlement has come back at and they’ve reduced his entitlement by almost £70 per week, when costs have only gone down by £8. That’s a reduction of over £3600 for the year. No overpayment has been generated, no other figures (such as income) have changed.

Not that I can see, though I'm really not an expert on this. Is there a number you can ring to ask and get it sorted?
John B SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jessicat1986)
Hi,

Hi Jessicat1986,

With the Childcare Grant (CCG), if the confirmed costs turn out to be less than the estimates for every week (or most weeks), the assessor will often reduce the future estimates to match the new confirmed costs. For example, you originally estimate the typical weekly costs to be £100 per week, you then send the CCG2 (confirmation of costs form) for period 1 and every week for that period is confirmed as £90, the assessor will re assess the full CCG as being £90 per week.

This is to try and avoid a much larger overpayment in future.

It sounds like that is what may have happened here. I'd recommend contacting us on 0300 100 0607 or on Facebook or Twitter where someone can go through security and have a good look into this for you.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regardsn,

John.
Bamidele77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi ,I am new full time student and I'm planning to send miy ccg1 on friday 24th August. I'm really worried ,I don't know may be i will receive any payment for my children childcare before 24th september. I'm not financial buoyant at ll to pay any provider when the term start and besides I havnt received any approval for my tuition and maintenance. Really worried may be I might crashed out. Don't want my children stressed at all.

Can anyone kindly help out with advice on what to expect, what to do and how I might work things out.it my first time ever.....pls guys any help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.02%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.54%

Watched Threads