The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) Accommodation discussion thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vivmarsh
would like to reject accomodation offer but worried about what will happen, any ideas?

Hi!

If you are wanting to change your offer or just reject it all together @vivmarsh, I would speak to Accommodation services on 0114 225 5555 and ask for Accommodation and you'll be put through to someone who can speak to you about your options!

Let me know how it goes,

Reanne
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi!

If you are wanting to change your offer or just reject it all together @vivmarsh, I would speak to Accommodation services on 0114 225 5555 and ask for Accommodation and you'll be put through to someone who can speak to you about your options!

Let me know how it goes,

Reanne
Thank you
Original post by vivmarsh
Thank you

No worries, let me know if you have any more questions @vivmarsh!

Reanne
anyone at charlotte court? im in flat 48
Reply 104
Hi,

Is there a forum for houses that need a house mate or something similar (I'm a mature undergrad, would prob prefer a postgrads house)? The shu studentpad site is full of out dated ads, wasted so much time ringing up to find out they're no longer available... or any other ideas at this late point?

I've seen there are private halls at the top of Broomgrove, anyone had experience there?

Thanks

Harry
Hi @hboss,

I'll look into this for you. When are you looking to move in? Sorry you haven't had much luck with the shu studentpad, it does work better if you are more general with your searching. If you fill out every section you are less likely to find availability. It also relies on landlords to keep it updated so sometimes there is a lag.

I would recommend ringing accommodation services (0114 225 5555) for advice. You'll get a better idea of what's available if you have a chat to one of the team.

Thanks,
Bridget
Hey again @hboss

There are few more things you can try to meet postgrads to discuss housing. Join this mature students' facebook group and ask there - https://www.facebook.com/groups/HallamMatureStudents/

You could also try the University of Sheffield Postgraduate Society FB page. People post there sometimes querying about housing: https://www.facebook.com/groups/741163535915302/

I hope that's useful
Bridget
Reply 107
** ROOM AVAILABLE (CENTRAL QUAY KELHAM ISLAND) - £75 LAUNDRY CARD & FIRST INSTALMENT PAID**

Available from 26/10/18 to 27/7/19 only £70.40 per week as first instalment has been paid

- Classic En-Suite
- 4th Floor with external views of the city (nobody overlooks your room)
- 4 Flatmates, all very friendly and tidy
- Offering a laundry card with maximum balance of £75 added
- First rent instalment has already been paid
- Accommodation next to Tesco Express, easy walk to city centre, tram and bus options close by, trendy cafe and bars on Kelham Island

PM me for photos / queries
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! I'm looking for someone to take over my current studio flat near Collegiate Campus/University of Sheffield Tram Station.
It's a studio flat including modern kitchen, double Bed, modern shower room. The rent is £120 per week, including gas, electricity & water bills.
It's close to city centre and convenient for both University Campuses.
It'll be available on 21st January 2019.
Message me if you are interested so that I can send you photos /arrange a viewing for you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello,
i'm looking for accommodation nearby City campus, ( postgraduate course) from Jan19. Can you pls suggest which one should I choose and prices if possible.
thanks!
Original post by thoatruong
Hello,
i'm looking for accommodation nearby City campus, ( postgraduate course) from Jan19. Can you pls suggest which one should I choose and prices if possible.
thanks!

Hey @thoatruong

Are you thinking of private sector or halls? If you're looking for private sector then have a search on student pad, you'll find what's available and prices on there too.

Also if you want to connect up/live with postgrads you could start chatting to people on this facebook group.

What course are you going to be doing?

Thanks
Bridget
Hello all, I have recently left the Uni. I have a tenancy available at exchange works! £124 p/w, ensuite with 1 male and 2 females. 2 minutes from uni, town and train station. Pictures attached, text me 07593917770 if interested!!

Jake
Hi,
I was just wondering which halls are best if you’re based on City Campus? (Like the ones closest or most convenient).
Also are there different halls for different types of people, for example, are there ones where they’re more rowdy or quiet ones?
Thanks
Original post by HazelShepley
Hi,
I was just wondering which halls are best if you’re based on City Campus? (Like the ones closest or most convenient).
Also are there different halls for different types of people, for example, are there ones where they’re more rowdy or quiet ones?
Thanks

Hi @HazelShepley

Some of the halls closest to City Campus are Exchange Works, Leadmill Point and Brittain Street. Have a look at this link to see a map of where the accommodation blocks are.

With halls, it is difficult to predict what the people will be like staying there, a lot of it is pot luck I'm afraid as the applications are open to all.

Our student ambassadors can give you a bit more info on this though! @hallamstudents

Thanks
Bridget
Original post by thoatruong
Hello,
thanks!

Hello, I am trying to find someone’s to take over my accommodation from January. I currently have a flat in The Forge which is close to city campus. If you’re interested let me know and I can send you across pictures!
Hey I am applying for physiotherapy and I am just wondering what accomodation has the best social life/most people x
Hi,

I will be taking a MA next September and I'm shortlisting my accommodation. I am wondering if anyone has any experience living in The Cube and Brittain Street? I'm looking at a place that's not too noisy and as such, I'm interested in hearing more about your experiences living in these two places and even any other halls or accommodation.
Looking forward to all your replies and thanks for taking time to read my post 😊
Original post by kirstynjstewart
Hey I am applying for physiotherapy and I am just wondering what accomodation has the best social life/most people x

Hi @kirstynjstewart

It varies between accommodations with how many people will be there. As you're doing Physiotherapy, you might want to look at living near Collegiate campus. Have a look on facebook as there are groups for different accommodation blocks, for example this one is for the Forge: https://www.facebook.com/groups/851419968402576/. You could join a few and start chatting on there?

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Bridget
Original post by Eileen Ng
Hi,

I will be taking a MA next September and I'm shortlisting my accommodation. I am wondering if anyone has any experience living in The Cube and Brittain Street? I'm looking at a place that's not too noisy and as such, I'm interested in hearing more about your experiences living in these two places and even any other halls or accommodation.
Looking forward to all your replies and thanks for taking time to read my post 😊

Hi @Eileen Ng

What are you doing your MA in? Exciting times! Our student ambassadors may be able to share their experiences @hallamstudents

Let me know if you have any questions!
Bridget
Hi everyone!

I have a student accommodation available ASAP at Devonshire Courtyard (sold out) 100p/w, en-suite, 3/4 bed, all bills included! 5 minutes to city campus, 15ish to collegiat, great night life 5 mins away, 2 boys, 2 girls flatmates! Let me know if anyone is interested!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending