The Student Room Group

Michelle Williams made $1000 while Mark Wahlberg made $1.5M for the same film

Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for re shoots for "All the money in the world" while his co star Michelle Williams was barely paid $1,000.
Re shoots were required after director Ridley Scott axed Kevin Spacey from the film following report of him be sexually inappropriate with people.

Many feel that this is unfair as not only should they been paid a similar amount, if not the same, Williams is in fact a 4 x Oscar nominated actor, while Wahlberg has only been nominated once back in 2007

You can read more on the story here.

What do you make of this? Are you surprised? Is this fair? Is this proof of a gender pay gap?
Original post by Danny Dorito
Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million for re shoots for "All the money in the world" while his co star Michelle Williams was barely paid $1,000.
Re shoots were required after director Ridley Scott axed Kevin Spacey from the film following report of him be sexually inappropriate with people.

Many feel that this is unfair as not only should they been paid a similar amount, if not the same, Williams is in fact a 4 x Oscar nominated actor, while Wahlberg has only been nominated once back in 2007

You can read more on the story here.

What do you make of this? Are you surprised? Is this fair? Is this proof of a gender pay gap?

Danny Dorito you need to go back to math skool...

1% of $1.5 million is not $1000

People are often payed their worth,if she had asked for more she might have got more
Original post by the bear
Danny Dorito you need to go back to math skool...

1% of $1.5 million is not $1000

Ooo nooo. I just copied the tag line of an article I found, oooops!
Reply 4
Has Williams herself actually commented on this? There seems to be plenty of outrage on her behalf, but I don't see anything about what she herself actually thinks about the situation.
#shedatearformichelle :emo:
Reply 6
Re the title, that's not what they were paid for the film, it's what they were paid for the reshoots.

We don't know if she got a bigger salary than him in the first place (not beyond the realms of possibility given she's a far better actor).

There's also the fact that she publicly came out, once the Spacey news broke, and said that she would "give up holidays, give up wages, give up anything needed" in order to make the film a Spacey-free zone.
We've been here before so if it's all the same I'll save my outrage until the dust settles and all the facts are known.
Too much agenda pushing around at the moment.
As above, I'd be interested to see what she got paid for the original shoot, and if that was similar/the same as her costars pay. I'd also like to see her stance on it, given that the film is in somewhat exceptional circumstances due to the Kevin Spacey controversy that caused the reshoot.
Reply 9
The headline is misleading. It was not a matter of "He gets this much, she gets this much".

Williams agreed to essentially work for free on the reshoots (as did most of the other actors involved). Wahlberg individually negotiated a fee. Had Willims refused to help out the producers and instead sent in her agent, she may well have been paid substantially more.
Reply 10
I can't wait to go see that Michelle Williams film... who?

Never heard of her. Heard of him. Nuff said.

$1000 though I find that hard to believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending