Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got an unconditional place for Religious Studies and Politics at Canterbury Christ Church and was over the moon. I loved the university and campus when visiting and the friendly vibe it had. However ever since getting the place , ive had people knocking my feelings for the university mainly its position in the legue tables (106 i think) and (30 for Religious Studies) now whilst it is my prefered uni out of all what ive visited including some pretty top universitys , i just wondered if i should take notice of this, or just go with my gut feeling of it being a good university!

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    League tables are pretty meaningless in my opinion since everyone has different ideas about what they want from a university. I applied to universities based on how I felt about them, regardless of positions in the league tables. Go with your instinct otherwise you may regret it, and if you find that the university isn't up to scratch, you can as far as I'm aware transfer to a new one or drop out and reapply next year (as long as you get decent A level grades)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm a current third-year student studying Religion, Philosophy & Ethics. When I accepted my offer I had the exact same reaction from friends about league tables etc, but when I arrived I realised this is merely on the basis of how new the actual course of RPE is to the uni, it used to be Religious Studies and is now split to RPE and Theology. This personally didn't bother me anyway, but due to how small the course is the lecturers are far more involved than other courses and are keen to help out in any way they can so you can really thrive, one of my lecturers replied to my friend's panic essay email at 4 am! Of course, uni really is what you make of it, it's up to you to approach your lecturers and find out what you can do to get to where you want to be in your studies (this is the same for everywhere). I couldn't be happier with my choice and the city is just lovely, small enough to walk everywhere but big enough to keep things interesting for three years.

The most important thing is wherever you truly felt comfortable and excited about when going to your open days, this is where you're going to be for the next three years and it's important you have a good feeling about the place as well as the course.

Sorry for rambling! Good luck with your studies and wherever you chose will be an exciting and new opportunity!

Hope this offered some help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.