The Student Room Group

AQA geography 2018 (resit old specifiation)

Hi there, I was just wondering if there is anyone in the same position as me resitting the old specification of the AQA geography a level.
Im doing rivers, coasts, health and population.
just wanted to know how people that are resitting are getting on with it, as im having to do the revision at home, as no colleges/schools would take me as its a resit.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hi there Jeiny! I’m in the exact same boat as you but doing rivers, cold, population and health! Been revising at home all year too! Hope it’s gone well! Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 3
How did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by Ks214
How did you find it?

I thought it was really good! The questions were all really lucky too! I just didn’t like cold section but I never do. Did you do it too? How did you find it?
Reply 5
Original post by Ks214
How did you find it?

It went well thank you
Reply 6
I don’t know how I found it! I did rivers, pop, health and coasts!
I found it hard in terms of timing, did you answer all questions?
Are you doing any other units?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ks214
I don’t know how I found it! I did rivers, pop, health and coasts! I found it hard in terms of timing, did you answer all questions?Are you doing any other units?
I managed to answer all the other ones I thought it was just normal for timing. I’m doing unit 2 and 3 as well. Hbu?
Reply 8
Original post by Hibba30
I managed to answer all the other ones I thought it was just normal for timing. I’m doing unit 2 and 3 as well. Hbu?

Yeah same, what did you write for the table on natural increase and the reasons for differences in the housing?
I also didn’t know what to write about the meander figure
Reply 9
Original post by Ks214
Yeah same, what did you write for the table on natural increase and the reasons for differences in the housing?
I also didn’t know what to write about the meander figure

For natural increase I just described the table and commented on any anomalies and gave reasons. For the housing I just talked about when they were built, jobs people had and cost, that sort of thing.
Oh the meander was a bit weird tbh
Reply 10
Original post by Ks214
I don’t know how I found it! I did rivers, pop, health and coasts!
I found it hard in terms of timing, did you answer all questions?
Are you doing any other units?

You did the exact same units as me! I found timing hard too. I had to bullet point the 6 marker for Health.
I’m doing unit 2 and 4B
Reply 11
Original post by Jeiny
You did the exact same units as me! I found timing hard too. I had to bullet point the 6 marker for Health.
I’m doing unit 2 and 4B

I’m doing units 2 and 3, what topic have you got for 4b?
For coasts, what did you put for the evidence of erosion?
Reply 12
Original post by Ks214
I’m doing units 2 and 3, what topic have you got for 4b?
For coasts, what did you put for the evidence of erosion?

4B is the 2014 paper of the Morpeth floods, they’re recycling a paper/AIB.

I said the fence appears to be falling off, a wall looks as though it’s collapsed, slumping of the cliff
Hey guys, I did the unit 1 resit too. I did rivers, cold, health and pop. I thought the exam went okay, the physical section went well but I rushed the human questions (had to bullet point some). Hopefully I won't lose too many marks and the grade boundaries are nice! I'm resitting unit 4A, do you think they'll recycle a paper for this exam too?
Reply 14
Original post by Emily.98
Hey guys, I did the unit 1 resit too. I did rivers, cold, health and pop. I thought the exam went okay, the physical section went well but I rushed the human questions (had to bullet point some). Hopefully I won't lose too many marks and the grade boundaries are nice! I'm resitting unit 4A, do you think they'll recycle a paper for this exam too?

So happy there’s a few of us doing these exams. I’d say they might, we’ll let you know if they use Past papers for unit 2 exam this morning
Reply 15
How did everyone find it? I really hope grade boundaries are low 🤔
Don't exam boards have to ask questions on topics that they haven't used since start of the spec (2014)?

I'm doing Unit 3, I'm trying to focus on topics that haven't come up that much or do you think they'll be recycling from previous years.
Original post by 123ace
yeah i thought they usually ask questions they haven't asked. which topics are u doing?

Volcanoes, world cities and contemporary conflict. Wbu?
Reply 18
Hi Jeiny, How are you finding Unit 4b revision? I'm really uncertain on what kind of questions they'll ask
Any predictions for Tectonics, World cities and conflict?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending