The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It probably means you can technically turn up, but you'll have no place to live. Hee hee.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Comma
It probably means you can technically turn up, but you'll have no place to live. Hee hee.

Oooh dear that's not good, my brother in law is taking me up and is the only person with a car big enough to fit my stuff (my parents thought it was a "smart" thing to do buying a two seater convertible....) and he can only do it on a weekend....hmm
Reply 4
Danithestudent
I was trying to find out whether or not it's possible to move in on a sunday (as there is no other day I can move in) and this was the reply I got.

In theory, you can arrive at any time, but we strongly recommend that
you arrange your travel so you arrive on a weekday between 9am and 5pm
when the front reception desk is open.

Does that say I can or I can't....!??!?

*is confused*

Hi Dani, not seen you for a while. Hope things are going well. Not sure about your query. Ring them up and ask. Can you get to the reception and pick up your keys during the week, then you can move in whenever you want? :smile:

If you explain your situation they might be able to arrange for someone to go in on a sunday and meet you at a set time to give you your keys + welcome pack.
Reply 5
Danithestudent
Oooh dear that's not good, my brother in law is taking me up and is the only person with a car big enough to fit my stuff (my parents thought it was a "smart" thing to do buying a two seater convertible....) and he can only do it on a weekend....hmm

You could do what I'm doing. Take bare essentials with you on Wednesday, get him to drive the rest of your stuff there on the next weekend.
Amb1
Hi Dani, not seen you for a while. Hope things are going well. Not sure about your query. Ring them up and ask. Can you get to the reception and pick up your keys during the week, then you can move in whenever you want? :smile:

That's the thing, my tenancy doesn't start till the 19th...and my parents for some reason want me out then and there. Because they are unselfish and kind like that, like when they bought the car lol.

Well, loads of international students are going to be turning up at obscure times and such, so if they get to do that, they should let me as well even if I'm not paying a squillion pounds like those plonkers.
....but they are ALL bare essentials....I can't live without my frying pan or my fluffy pillow...*tears well up*
Reply 8
Danithestudent
....but they are ALL bare essentials....I can't live without my frying pan or my fluffy pillow...*tears well up*

*hugs* It'll be ok... I was just teasing you... :smile:
Comma
*hugs* It'll be ok... I was just teasing you... :smile:

hehe ok, the stuff I have though is sooooo cool. Matalan is now my favourite...
Reply 10
Danithestudent
hehe ok, the stuff I have though is sooooo cool. Matalan is now my favourite...

I'm thinking I'll go plunder Argos in my last week :smile:
I've got a number of things left to do like find all my certificates....I've not seen them in about 6 months, which worries me...greatly
Reply 12
Danithestudent
I've got a number of things left to do like find all my certificates....I've not seen them in about 6 months, which worries me...greatly

LOL!

Good luck :smile:
Ahhh it's all good found the certificates and loads of people are moving in this sunday so there will be staff on, phew.
Reply 14
That's good! Well done :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending