Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Has anyone done the AC at BNP for Structuring & Trading and know what to expect? Mainly the stuff about exchange rates they ask for and if there any case studies which we need to prepare for? Also what type of maths do they expect you to do? Is it just the things you do in numerical reasoning? I have mine next week

Thank you
Jemforever
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this for Internship or Grad ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Jemforever)
Is this for Internship or Grad ?
Grad, but assume internship would be similar
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
How did your AC go?? Have you heard back from them?
Shushanli128
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I have this too - how did it go? do you have any tips?
JIMBO789
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I had it, it's very informal so nothing to worry about. Just revise non-calculator GCSE Maths (will be different for every AC) and how to convert Exchange Rates. Interviews were casual, but it's a lottery of what questions you get. Some people get brainteasers etc., others more technical questions. Mostly these questions go on the fly rather than pre-prepared. No competency questions so forget those
jellyblinks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you guys hear back after pre-assessment day?
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jellyblinks)
Have you guys hear back after pre-assessment day?
LOL no, have you? I was one of the first people to attend it
jellyblinks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JIMBO789)
LOL no, have you? I was one of the first people to attend it
No! It's very strange they are still receiving applications and have extended the deadline for applications several times. Either they did not find enough suitable participants to organize an AC, or they are unsure about the near prospects of the bank because of Brexit. Trading is execution as opposed to other roles for Graduates which are already filled.
ESKETITTT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have over 10 years experience with minipimers and i am SURE that you need to fix the electric engine before you squeeze any pineapple, whoever says otherwise, not trustworty.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But I'm not racist.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jellyblinks)
No! It's very strange they are still receiving applications and have extended the deadline for applications several times. Either they did not find enough suitable participants to organize an AC, or they are unsure about the near prospects of the bank because of Brexit. Trading is execution as opposed to other roles for Graduates which are already filled.
I did eventually get rejected in the end. Though I thought I nailed the interview. Literally no idea what to expect them to do. Good luck anyway
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by goggleyed)
But I'm not racist.
Not the BNP party! The French bank, BNP Paribas!
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ESKETITTT)
I have over 10 years experience with minipimers and i am SURE that you need to fix the electric engine before you squeeze any pineapple, whoever says otherwise, not trustworty.
Are you on the wrong chat?
Bigbellybonobo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Got the AC a week ago for the graduate in Trading, they told me there was only one slot... Got the offer on Tuesday.
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bigbellybonobo)
Got the AC a week ago for the graduate in Trading, they told me there was only one slot... Got the offer on Tuesday.
They said they had like 90 spaces
username3985538
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you have to do group exercises?
Random6464
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Has anyone done the AC at BNP for Structuring & Trading and know what to expect? Mainly the stuff about exchange rates they ask for and if there any case studies which we need to prepare for? Also what type of maths do they expect you to do? Is it just the things you do in numerical reasoning? I have mine next week

Thank you
Hey, hope the AC went well!

What sort of stuff did they ask you in your group exercises/what is the best thing I can do to prep?
Coco1596
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone received any video interviews post online tests completion?
I completed mine in April but I'm still waiting for feedback.
I'm hoping no news is good news but idk
JIMBO789
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Coco1596)
Has anyone received any video interviews post online tests completion?
I completed mine in April but I'm still waiting for feedback.
I'm hoping no news is good news but idk
Sorry for the delay in replying mate. There are no video interviews. The first stage after online tests was a so called "pre-assessment centre". In that case you do interviews and more tests.

A lot of my friends didn't hear back after doing the tests. Part of me thinks that they have some technical issues, as they did with recording the online tests. I did them like three or four times before they got submitted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.54%
No (68)
11.54%
I'm not old enough (241)
40.92%

Watched Threads