The Student Room Group

Trying to Add a current foundation year course on to application?

Hi,
I'm doing a foundation year course at the moment and will have completed it by June. I wish to put it on my ucas application. It is very relevant to the degree i wish to move onto. But how do i go about adding it into mt ucas?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by James385
Hi,
I'm doing a foundation year course at the moment and will have completed it by June. I wish to put it on my ucas application. It is very relevant to the degree i wish to move onto. But how do i go about adding it into mt ucas?

Add your university as a place of education/college (if it’s not listed write it in). Then add your foundation year as a qualification (use “other and write in the details, add in your modules)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Add your university as a place of education/college (if it’s not listed write it in). Then add your foundation year as a qualification (use “other and write in the details, add in your modules)

I added my uni ok although there seems to be a warning message...
''Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending.''

There seems to be an option for 'Foundation year' for qualifications... so i selected that. Filled in the qualification date as sep 2017. But it is asking for the awarding organisation and for the result... pending apparently isn't a valid option on the drop down menu because for completed examinations i have to put the result... but i didn't say/select an option that said i had completed it?

I can do what you suggested and choose the other option and add the details... it allows me to write pending into the result but i do have to list an awarding organisation of which there is a 7 letter cap for... so i can't write my uni's name.
(edited 6 years ago)
I added my uni ok although there seems to be a warning message...
''Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending.''

There seems to be an option for 'Foundation year' for qualifications... so i selected that. Filled in the qualification date as sep 2017. But it is asking for the awarding organisation and for the result... pending apparently isn't a valid option on the drop down menu because for completed examinations i have to put the result... but i didn't say/select an option that said i had completed it?

I can do what you suggested and choose the other option and add the details... it allows me to write pending into the result but i do have to list an awarding organisation of which there is a 7 letter cap for... so i can't write my uni's name.

If you’re currently at the university then the warning can be ignored

Why did you put September 2017 as the date you will complete your foundation year? It would normally be May/June 2018

The awarding body is your university. Abbreviated if need be. If you enter the right date for completing the year then you won’t need to enter a mark/grade. You list the result as pending.

I would use other if the foundation year option on Apply doesn’t give the option to add modules. Module information is more important for a transfer than using the foundation year qualification listed by ucas (as you can tell ucas is crap for filling in university qualifications)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you’re currently at the university then the warning can be ignored

Why did you put September 2017 as the date you will complete your foundation year? It would normally be May/June 2018

The awarding body is your university. Abbreviated if need be. If you enter the right date for completing the year then you won’t need to enter a mark/grade. You list the result as pending.

I would use other if the foundation year option on Apply doesn’t give the option to add modules. Module information is more important for a transfer than using the foundation year qualification listed by ucas (as you can tell ucas is crap for filling in university qualifications)

When you say module information. Do you mean i should list all of the ones on my course (with the results pending... as i'm still waiting for them). I do have some results but they dont make up 100% of the module.
I assumed the qualification date meant the date you started the course?
When you say module information. Do you mean i should list all of the ones on my course (with the results pending... as i'm still waiting for them). I do have some results but they dont make up 100% of the module.
I assumed the qualification date meant the date you started the course?

Qualification date is when you get your results.

And yes list the modules (along with when you get the results for them). It will help them make a judgement about whether the foundation year is compatible with their degrees (if they haven’t had applicants from that foundation year before) and might save you sending more details later.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Qualification date is when you get your results.

And yes list the modules (along with when you get the results for them). It will help them make a judgement about whether the foundation year is compatible with their degrees (if they haven’t had applicants from that foundation year before) and might save you sending more details later.

Thanks a lot for sorting that for me! I was wondering on the choices menu i have listed 5 courses. For one there is a orange text message saying:
''If you apply for this course you may be invited to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece of work.''
That of course is self explanatory. But does that mean the other 4 uni's likely wont require me to go to an interview?
Thanks a lot for sorting that for me! I was wondering on the choices menu i have listed 5 courses. For one there is a orange text message saying:
''If you apply for this course you may be invited to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece of work.''
That of course is self explanatory. But does that mean the other 4 uni's likely wont require me to go to an interview?

It means they don’t interview as standard. They might invite you to an interview if your qualifications aren’t standard/something they’ve experienced before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending