chandan2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,
I don't know how to reference as my teacher has not told us.
I have been using numbers but I don't know if I have been doing it right and I don't know how to do small numbers. throughout my EPQ I have been doing this:

For example, Levodopa is an amino acid that has medical properties in increasing dopamine concentrations in the blood[1].

I then put The website I go it from and date accessed at the end of that page.

I Also am confused with when putting numbers as what if you have a whole paragraph on it - do you put it after the paragraph. And what if a lot of EPQ is referenced so have a lot of numbers at once- will this affect my grade. As a lot of the ideas were from what I read so won't everything have numbers on them. And sometimes I change the words but that's just because I am remembering what I read from a while back.
is this fine or will it affect my grade?

thanks so much,
chandan
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know what type of referencing you are meant to use? E.g. Harvard or APA
chandan2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Do you know what type of referencing you are meant to use? E.g. Harvard or APA
No i dont think it matters as it is a research project. Extended project Qualification . Im in sixth form
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chandan2000)
No i dont think it matters as it is a research project. Extended project Qualification . Im in sixth form
I'm still pretty sure a referencing style should have been given to you.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chandan2000)
You do have to reference in a specific way (I'm also doing an EPQ). We have to do Harvard referencing but as long as you keep it consistent then it shouldn't matter whether you use Harvard or APA.

To do the "small number" if you are using microsoft word, go to the reference tab and click "Insert Footnote" and you can insert your citation or reference here. Alternatively, don't use the footnote and put a citation in the text. Have a reference list (list all the references you used here) and bibliography (list all the things you read whether you used it or not) at the end.

To make a reference, there are some websites that can help you generate it such as Citethisforme or you can google how to do it and there are many resources online that can help you.
chandan2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I'm still pretty sure a referencing style should have been given to you.
i wasnt given one . Im doing aqa? I dont know? But there is 2 people i know that are doing the number one.
17sunnydays
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
my teacher told us that you have to keep the referencing consistent throughout. you can always check in the spec. i do aqa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (21)
15.33%
No one else does (48)
35.04%
I'm embarrassed about my background (16)
11.68%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (44)
32.12%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.46%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads