The Student Room Group

Ever middle class feminist should watch Professor Green: Working Class White Men

I'm a white working class woman who live on a rough council estate with my mixed son and an university educated.

I have no time for middle class feminists because middle class young Western women are the most entitled privileged people on the planet.

Middle class feminists could not careless about white working class men/women.

Feminists could not careless that white working class boys that only 15% get 5 GCSEs pass including maths and English and only 1/20 go to university and only 2/100 finish there university course.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/professor-green-working-class-white-men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by looloo2134
I'm a white working class woman who live on a rough council estate with my mixed son and an university educated.

I have no time for middle class feminists because middle class young Western women are the most entitled privileged people on the planet.

Feminists could not careless that white working class boys that only 15% get 5 GCSEs pass including maths and English and only 1/20 go to university and only 2/100 finish there university course.

Ding ding ding we have the right answer.
But middle class white feminists won't care because you are white, so you are privileged.

It is indeed a shame that some statistics* are obscure and hidden from public debate, and raising them is seen as either white supremacy or some sort of post-UKIP fascism.

* White working class men are the least likely demographic to go to university
* White working class people are the least likely to achieve AAB at sixth form
* White British working class people are the least likely to leave secondary schooling with 5 A*-C

But in reality, there's nothing to do. Not in this country.
Reply 3
Original post by LostAccount
But middle class white feminists won't care because you are white, so you are privileged.

It is indeed a shame that some statistics* are obscure and hidden from public debate, and raising them is seen as either white supremacy or some sort of post-UKIP fascism.

* White working class men are the least likely demographic to go to university

White working class men are mostly likely to go to the worst schools in the country

* White working class people are the least likely to achieve AAB at sixth form

White working people are mostly likely to go to worst funded six form colleges in the country

* White British working class people are the least likely to leave secondary schooling with 5 A*-C

Again underfunding, poor teaching and leadership of schools which white working class children are force to attended.

But in reality, there's nothing to do. Not in this country.

In London and other major UK cities white working people such as myself are statistics more likely to have mixed race children than middle class people
It is not the fault of middle class feminists that working class lads **** up their education, find their options limited and then try to blame everyone but themselves for it.
Don't pay attention to middle class feminists, or any person not from the same background as you. These people will never truly understand ones plight in life and are often so bored that they have nothing else to do than start a movement/'revolution'. I learnt that lesson a long time ago, look at upper class people. They wither their money away like there's no tomorrow because they have no sense of reality.
A middle class feminist speaking on behalf of everyone - including the working class - is the equivalent to multimillionaire Leonardo DiCaprio talking about saving the environment and being eco-friendly... whilst travelling the world in his fancy jets and yachts

Moral of the story - don't listen to hypocrites. Most of the world never does.
yep, cheers bab I'll be watching. I saw his one about being homeless.
Exactly what I was thinking as I read the description:
"demonised, forgotten and angry." All you gotta do is admit it, it's a screaming fact that there are working class white men. Admit it and we'll be happy, promise. You can't expect us to have sympathy for others when it's not spared on us??
By all accounts I'm a white middle class feminist. I fail to see how being feminist, or female, gives me any advantage over my white middle class MALE counterparts though? Also, I appreciate how underprivileged white working class boys are, as shown in the education system

Nailed it!
Reply 10

you're not saying anything new here.

Feminists generally don't care about ANY men's issue's

honestly when's the last time you saw a feminist scale parliament or big ben over fathers rights or something?
Nice generalisations, OP
Original post by eviebrizzle
By all accounts I'm a white middle class feminist. I fail to see how being feminist, or female, gives me any advantage over my white middle class MALE counterparts though? Also, I appreciate how underprivileged white working class boys are, as shown in the education system

In press there have been report of violent middle class women getting away or getting lower sentence than middle class men who do a similar crime.
What about the ethnic minority working classes... I don't understand why you have to treat race as one of the factor debilitating young boys in their education. Sorry but working class children of all races suffer due to the classist capitalist and cruel society we live in.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Nice generalisations, OP

I never meet a person who claim to be feminist who is not a privileged middle class Western women.

I would like to meet people who claim to be feminist who are not middle class women and care about men/boys as well
Original post by MJlover
What about the ethnic minority working classes... I don't understand why you have to treat race as one of the factor debilitating young boys in their education. Sorry but working class children of all races suffer due to the classist capitalist and cruel society we live in.

Ethnic minority working class children do better at school than white working class children only 15% of white boys get 5 GCSEs. One the reason is working class ethnic minority children are more likely to be in cities such as London were schools get £4000 per term more per student than schools in north east of Britain they also have the best teacher.
In press there have been report of violent middle class women getting away or getting lower sentence than middle class men who do a similar crime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42623651
I never meet a person who claim to be feminist who is not a privileged middle class Western women.

I would like to meet people who claim to be feminist who are not middle class women and care about men/boys as well

Hey, working class white guy here! Like I get that you haven't come across many, personally over here I've been pretty lucky involved in both feminist and left wing circles which overlapped. Lots of working class feminists about and big chuck of feminist theory works on how men/boys are hurt by the idea of being a real man, bell hooks she's pretty dece.

But yeah, Class plays a huge role in where you end up in life and I've met a fair amount of middle class feminists that don't get it, but I've met a bunch that do so probs a lot of personal experiance with who you meet.
Original post by Aedelas
Hey, working class white guy here! Like I get that you haven't come across many, personally over here I've been pretty lucky involved in both feminist and left wing circles which overlapped. Lots of working class feminists about and big chuck of feminist theory works on how men/boys are hurt by the idea of being a real man, bell hooks she's pretty dece.

But yeah, Class plays a huge role in where you end up in life and I've met a fair amount of middle class feminists that don't get it, but I've met a bunch that do so probs a lot of personal experiance with who you meet.

Right, working class English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh is not the same as working class Polish/Romanian/EU in UK. Two different histories, two different struggles. Just saying. Something tells me you're not British blood, or you simply don't get reality. :noway:
Reply 19
Original post by yungaheartz
Don't pay attention to middle class feminists, or any person not from the same background as you. These people will never truly understand ones plight in life and are often so bored that they have nothing else to do than start a movement/'revolution'. I learnt that lesson a long time ago, look at upper class people. They wither their money away like there's no tomorrow because they have no sense of reality.
A middle class feminist speaking on behalf of everyone - including the working class - is the equivalent to multimillionaire Leonardo DiCaprio talking about saving the environment and being eco-friendly... whilst travelling the world in his fancy jets and yachts

Moral of the story - don't listen to hypocrites. Most of the world never does.

They wither it away because they have no sense of reality, or because they are rich and can therefore afford to spend it such a way that most people would consider excessively extravagent but they can afford? Seems like you are the one with no sense of reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending