The Student Room Group

My GCSE GYG 2018-2019

Hello, I'm Zoqua and I've seen lots of people have been doing GYG threads for GCSE, so I've decided to do one to. I am an extreme perfectionist, and I have quite high goals for my GCSE's and my A Levels, so this will be interesting.

We finally got all our results back. Below I'm going put the subject, the level I got, the maximum level, the level I would like to get in GCSE and my expected level for GCSE in that order.

Maths:7-, 7, 9, 9
Geography: 9, 9, 9, 9
History:7, 7, 9, 9
Physics:8-, 8, 8, 9
Chemistry:7+, 8, 8, 8
Biology: 7+, 8, 8, 8
English Lang:7-, 9, 7, 8
English Lit:6, 9, 7, 8
French:5+, 9, 7, 8

Some of my grades like my Maths, Geography, History and Physics are quite in line but my English Lit and French are off track, so I need to improve them, I find French quite difficult as I don't like exceptions to rules and in French there are always exceptions to every rule, in Year 8 my French teachers husband died, so she wasn't around for Year 8 and through most of Year 9, my grade dropped as a result.

I'm trying to aim for an average of 8 across all my subjects, which lots of people say is "Classic me", but I think the goal is achievable, I just have to work at it. For my A Levels I want to do Double Maths, which I the Sixth Form I'm applying for requires an 8 or higher to do it, Economics, which needs a 6 in English and Computer Science, which needs a 7 in Maths, my goals at the end of Sixth form are A* Double Maths, A-A* Economics and A-A* Computer Science

I considered doing Computer Science at GCSE but another subject would stress me even more and lower my average, and apparently its not necessary to do Computer Science at GCSE to do well at Sixth form.

I have quite a lot of stress on me to do well at GCSE and Sixth Form, as both my parents got a majority of A's at GCSE, and at Sixth Form, and my Uncle got all A's at GCSE, taught himself and did A Level Maths and Physics at the same time as GCSE and got A's there as well, then went to Oxford at 16. I find it really difficult to manage this constant stress to do well in every subject I do! Anyway, I am very nervous for GCSE's, and I have already started revising early with past papers, thanks to suggestions from TSR! Thank you for reading this, and good luck to everyone else in the same boat as me doing GCSE's, and good luck to just everyone going a GYG thread. :smile:

Sorry about putting this in the GCSE Forum BTW, if anyone could move it to the Grow Your Grades forum I would be grateful.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zoqua
Hello, I'm Zoqua and I've seen lots of people have been doing GYG threads for GCSE, so I've decided to do one to. I am an extreme perfectionist, and I have quite high goals for my GCSE's and my A Levels, so this will be interesting.

We finally got all our results back. Below I'm going put the subject, the level I got, the maximum level, the level I would like to get in GCSE and my expected level for GCSE in that order.

Maths:7-, 7, 9, 9
Geography: 9, 9, 9, 9
History:7, 7, 9, 9
Physics:8-, 8, 8, 9
Chemistry:7+, 8, 8, 8
Biology: 7+, 8, 8, 8
English Lang:7-, 9, 7, 8
English Lit:6, 9, 7, 8
French:5+, 9, 7, 8

Some of my grades like my Maths, Geography, History and Physics are quite in line but my English Lit and French are off track, so I need to improve them, I find French quite difficult as I don't like exceptions to rules and in French there are always exceptions to every rule, in Year 8 my French teachers husband died, so she wasn't around for Year 8 and through most of Year 9, my grade dropped as a result.

I'm trying to aim for an average of 8 across all my subjects, which lots of people say is "Classic me", but I think the goal is achievable, I just have to work at it. For my A Levels I want to do Double Maths, which I the Sixth Form I'm applying for requires an 8 or higher to do it, Economics, which needs a 6 in English and Computer Science, which needs a 7 in Maths, my goals at the end of Sixth form are A* Double Maths, A-A* Economics and A-A* Computer Science

I considered doing Computer Science at GCSE but another subject would stress me even more and lower my average, and apparently its not necessary to do Computer Science at GCSE to do well at Sixth form.

I have quite a lot of stress on me to do well at GCSE and Sixth Form, as both my parents got a majority of A's at GCSE, and at Sixth Form, and my Uncle got all A's at GCSE, taught himself and did A Level Maths and Physics at the same time as GCSE and got A's there as well, then went to Oxford at 16. I find it really difficult to manage this constant stress to do well in every subject I do! Anyway, I am very nervous for GCSE's, and I have already started revising early with past papers, thanks to suggestions from TSR! Thank you for reading this, and good luck to everyone else in the same boat as me doing GCSE's, and good luck to just everyone going a GYG thread. :smile:

Sorry about putting this in the GCSE Forum BTW, if anyone could move it to the Grow Your Grades forum I would be grateful.

I've moved this into the GYG forum for you :yep: Good luck this year! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending