The Student Room Group

I need help please.

I am about 5-4 months away from my GCSE yet when i revise nothing goes into my head. How do i revise especially when i cannot be bothered to. How do i push myself to try hard. Can someone please tell me how to revise and push myself.

What do i do if im easily distracted in class and cannot pay attenion. In
addition, how do i get high grades in GCSE, how do i keep myself
organised.

Furthermore i want to get into cambridge University to do vet course
please help me.
Reply 1
Ask your teachers for Past Papers. The honest truth is revision is boring 90% of the time but it's worth it when you are getting the grades you deserve. My advice is to do the past papers even if you only do a question at a time! When revising it is also very easy to focus on the easy stuff and trick yourself into thinking you're doing better than you are. One way to plan your revision is to look at subject specification and make a checklist of each part of the subject. When you do the past papers ask your teachers about the parts you find difficult, most teachers are happy to mark past papers you have done in your spare time. If you are struggling to get hold of past papers from your teacher you can get them online. Another good thing to look at is the mark schemes ( just make sure you look after you have attempted the question XD) This way you can see what the examiner will be looking for when marking your paper.
Hope this helps!
Callum
Reply 2
I'm in year 11 too. First I would tell you to relax, don't stress too much about it cuz stress just makes things harder for yourself.
Your friends have their own lives. Everyone is different, some are born with unique talents so they can easily get stuff into their heads and do not need as much concentration. Because of that u must know who you are and what you are aiming for.
The next stage is to not make fun of something the teacher is trying to put into understanding. In my experience, people laugh at teachers due to peer pressure of mock what they are studying not knowing that they are mocking themselves.
Push yourself harder by thinking about your future, do you want to be successful?
When you are about to procrastinate your homework tell yourself that you don't want to be a homeless person; you want to grow strong and provide for your family. Lastly think about your house to be your parents house and that you need to build your own and by doing that you have achieve well. I hope this was helpful
Original post by Lostimymind
I am about 5-4 months away from my GCSE yet when i revise nothing goes into my head. How do i revise especially when i cannot be bothered to. How do i push myself to try hard. Can someone please tell me how to revise and push myself.

What do i do if im easily distracted in class and cannot pay attenion. In
addition, how do i get high grades in GCSE, how do i keep myself
organised.

Furthermore i want to get into cambridge University to do vet course
please help me.

Veterinary medicine!! Awesome choice! You also have a goal in mind!

You have plenty of time to revise well for your GCSEs. In terms of revision start of small. Write a list of what you want to do the following day (before you go to sleep) - this is the time we will make good aims (how often do you say you want to do something and will start tomorrow). Hold yourself accountable.

To begin with make them really simple and fairly quick goals. 'I will study biology and learn about photosynthesis'. Study 1 hour on, 30 min off until you have completed what you want to.

Once you are doing this almost daily start increasing the intensity of study. It's all about forming the right habits.

In terms of getting distracted... study time is study time. Make sure of that. Turn your phone off and put it somewhere out of sight... every time you pick up your phone when studying it literally takes about 5 minutes to get back into work properly again. Imagine some people go on their phone every 2-3 minutes... these people aren't studying efficiently and this is one reason no information seems to stick.

Work on studying as efficiently as possible. Imagine if you are 5 times more efficient than someone else (can be done) - for every one hour you study it's the equivalent of 5 hours for someone else. You can see how you can easily become 'well above average' and get good grades.

I'm making a series of videos soon - be sure to subscribe (in my signature).

Quick Reply

Latest