username3718594
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I made this TSR account today kidding myself that it'll make me more motivated to study for my upcoming GCSEs, but in actuality it just gives me a viable excuse to procrastinate

But seriously, this Grow Your Grades thing is a really cool idea so I'll hop on board because I'm a cool kid (not).

I'm in year 11 and I really dislike school but, contrary to my title, I kinda like studying. Admittedly I haven't done much of it yet, but that's what this thread is for, right?

Here are my current grades...
Spoiler:
Show
English Language: 7
English Literature: 7
Maths: 8
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Geography: 7
French: 7
Religious Studies: 7

And my target grades...
Spoiler:
Show
English Language: 8
English Literature: 8
Maths: 8
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 8
Geography: 8
French: 8
Religious Studies: 8

And what I want to do after year 11...
Spoiler:
Show
I'm going to sixth form to study three out of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths, plus an EPQ and learning languages on the side (will carry on learning French and will hopefully start German too).

I'll update this thread whenever I remember (hopefully at least once a week). Feel free to watch
xnotapplicablex
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oioi i currently relate to the title wayyyyy too much, im in year 11 too - best of luck X
username3718594
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So today I had my English Language Spoken Assessment...
Spoiler:
Show
I had a note from my mum to do it just in front of a few people (check username) but it was still pretty awful. I was bricking it; my voice messed up a few times, I tripped over my words and I was shaking so much. Ah well, at least it's over now.

Also, before half-term I had an unseen poetry assessment (we have an English assessment near enough every week) and I got that back:
Spoiler:
Show
20/24 on question 1, 6/8 on question 2 - 26/32 overall and a grade 7+ I'm so happy with that; I've never gotten the highest mark in an English assessment before but I did on this one.

Reading back my OP I can see that I said I dislike school, but didn't elaborate. Basically, just check my username for most of the reasons. I just never feel comfortable/at ease there - I'm always tense and on edge. I like learning and studying but the actual school environment is pretty awful for me ngl.

Anyways, since this is a GYG thread...

Here's what I've revised so far:
- Written notes Biology Unit 1
- Written notes on Chemistry Unit 1
- Written notes on Physics Unit 1
- Made flashcards for Geography Unit 1C
- Made flashcards for Religious Studies Unit 2A
- Written notes on the poem 'Kamikaze'

Not much, but I've only been making a concerted effort to study for a week-ish.

I've made a checklist for every single unit of every single subject I study, and I'm hoping to cover all of the content by late March/early April, then do past/specimen papers til the real exams. My school offer revision sessions but I won't be going as, in addition to disliking the environment, I get too distracted and I'm much more productive studying at home. I use the 'Forest' app whilst I study, and I usually work for 1-2 hours as that's approximately how long a topic takes me.

My second set of mocks (first set was October) start on the 29th of January and finish on the 9th of February (when half-term starts) so I'm aiming to study every day from now in order to perform optimally in them.

So yeah, that's it for today - will update again soon hopefully.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (769)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads