no problem! good luck :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by QueenOfTheAndals
no problem! good luck :smile:

You too ! It's gonna be in handy since you're sitting the UGAA
For those who sit the UGAA and are made offers, what are those offers generally conditional upon?
Reply 23
Original post by LoveBouvierDogs
For those who sit the UGAA and are made offers, what are those offers generally conditional upon?

From what I understand, the UGAA is just another measure of your application. If I get through the paper-sift, I will need to sit the UGAA. I imagine that this will form part of the holistic review of my application which if successful, would be conditional on me achieving X grades, with X being dependent on how they view me, and how much they are willing to compromise for me.

All assumptions though!
I still haven't heard back... I applied on 13th Jan and I haven't received the initial assessment email yet, I think it's too late to get an invitation but I'll keep my fingers crossed
I just got my further assessment email saying:

'In the initial review of your application, I identified you as an applicant who could potentially be required to complete our Undergraduate Admissions Assessment (UGAA). LSE requires applicants studying certain qualifications to complete the UGAA before a potential offer could be made. Only the most competitive applicants will be invited to sit the assessment and will usually be notified by late February.'

This is probably analysing too far, but by saying 'could potentially be required' is it possible I won't have to sit the UGAA and still have the chance of getting an offer??
And why does it say late February as the UGAA is March 6th? Mine said the same.
Reply 27
I think they will just make things faster and we'll receive decision in the middle of February, so we can arrange things. At least I hope so, it would be absurd to get notified later with only one week to "prepare" for UGAA :biggrin:

I also got my further assessment email :smile:
Reply 28
Quick update from me, got my UGAA invitation via email today to sit in in March. Absolutely terrified of the thought of the Maths section, even if it is only GCSE standard for my course (Law).

Hopefully you guys also receive some good (scary) news shortly!
Original post by DCDCo
Quick update from me, got my UGAA invitation via email today to sit in in March. Absolutely terrified of the thought of the Maths section, even if it is only GCSE standard for my course (Law).

Hopefully you guys also receive some good (scary) news shortly!

congrats!
I got my UGAA invitation via email 2 hours ago. I am applying for BSc Financial Mathematics and Statistics and got the Further Assessment email on the 23rd of October. Good luck to all of you!
Reply 31
Congratulations to you all! :smile:
Original post by Shyinea
Congratulations to you all! :smile:

Thank you very much! Good luck! :smile:
Just got rejected! Lots of luck to every one of you! If you have gotten an invitation I'm sure you'll do great! 😘
Reply 34
Original post by AbsoluteMadlad
Just got rejected! Lots of luck to every one of you! If you have gotten an invitation I'm sure you'll do great! 😘

You got rejected on a Friday? Weren't rejections only sent on Thursdays?
Original post by gicu
You got rejected on a Friday? Weren't rejections only sent on Thursdays?

*got rejected yesterday evening

Still feels like it happened a minute ago I guess
Reply 36
To those who have the test coming up, drop me a PM. I'd be interested in sharing some thoughts about revision and such in an effort to achieve the best I can!
Hey everyone! Do any of you know what kind of electronic calculators are allowed to be used in the exam? Thank you very much!
Does anyone know when they finish making offers for people to sit the UGAA? Do they really do it until the end of February, or do they stop sooner?
Reply 39
Original post by LoveBouvierDogs
Does anyone know when they finish making offers for people to sit the UGAA? Do they really do it until the end of February, or do they stop sooner?

I believe they stop sending em by late Feb . Check the ugaa 2017 forum , if i recall well they recieved offers by the very last days of February.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending