Is it normal to feel slightly nervous all the time?

Watch this thread
dadumplum
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Like I've always wondered if I had anxiety because I always have this relatively small but still noticeably there nervous feeling and it just doesn't go away. Sometimes it goes down slightly and then I remember it's not there and I feel nervous again.

I'm fairly sure it must be anxiety because I always wake up with it and there's never any explanation for it. I can be watching TV with my family after dinner and I'll be nervous for whatever reason. It's just always there and it makes it impossible to relax. I can sleep with it but it's not easy.

I've had doubts that it's anxiety because I never have any panic attacks or physical symptoms that people associate with anxiety so I've been thinking that maybe people always feel slightly jumpy and I've been worrying too much. Then I worry because I'm worrying and the cycle goes on lmao...

Anyway so is it normal to feel slightly nervous all the time? What's like... the default state to feel (if that exists lol?)
CupcakeBlizzard
Badges: 2
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I have been told that I have anxiety and I get this too. It had stopped until recently and I think it's because I'm getting anxious and stressed over my GCSEs. I am in year 11 this year and I have been feeling like this all of the time, and it also gets worse for me when I think about it having gone for a bit too! It's kind of like this butterfly sensation in my tummy and sometimes nausea. The stress of my GCSEs is really pushing me to the edge and I think that's why my anxiety has been worse lately.

I hope you start to feel less anxious soon!
I am Fine
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dadumplum)
I've had doubts that it's anxiety because I never have any panic attacks or physical symptoms that people associate with anxiety
I am not trying to be rude but though people with anxiety also have panic attacks you don't have to have anxiety to have panic attacks though they are a common together. I don't mean this rudely but it does seem like you are on the mild end of the scale but if it impacting your life you should mention it to somebody. I hope you find effective ways of managing it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads