The Student Room Group

Calculator help!!!

my calculator keeps giving me answers that aren't whole numbers in mixed fraction form
how do I change this to improper fraction form

thanks
Has it always done this? if not, just reset the calculator and it should be sorted.
Original post by BTAnonymous
Has it always done this? if not, just reset the calculator and it should be sorted.

it wasn't always like that it changed for some reason, I think I might've accidentally changed it without knowing, how is it that you reset the calculator?
Original post by oal1
it wasn't always like that it changed for some reason, I think I might've accidentally changed it without knowing, how is it that you reset the calculator?

what calculator is it? is it just your bog standard Casio? if so, press shift, 9, 3, =, AC
(edited 6 years ago)
What model is your calculator? Could you perhaps post a picture of this?

Also, if you are interested, we have compiled questions by topic with model answers and online revision notes for: Biology and Chemistry (along with compilations of every specification for A Levels for Biology Chemistry and Mathematics), FREELY available on our website at:

www.medicmind.co.uk/resources

If you require more support with your studies in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics A Levels, do not hesitate to contact us! We offer 1-1 tutoring online or in person from as little as £25 per hour with expert tutors who have attained A/A*s in those subjects!

Dhaval N - Medic Mind Tutor
Best UK Medical Startup 2017
www.interviewcourse.co.uk
Original post by BTAnonymous
what calculator is it? is it just your bog standard Casio? if so, press shift, 9, 3, =, AC

yes this worked thanks for the help!!!
Original post by Medic Mind
What model is your calculator? Could you perhaps post a picture of this?

Also, if you are interested, we have compiled questions by topic with model answers and online revision notes for: Biology and Chemistry (along with compilations of every specification for A Levels for Biology Chemistry and Mathematics), FREELY available on our website at:

www.medicmind.co.uk/resources

If you require more support with your studies in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics A Levels, do not hesitate to contact us! We offer 1-1 tutoring online or in person from as little as £25 per hour with expert tutors who have attained A/A*s in those subjects!

Dhaval N - Medic Mind Tutor
Best UK Medical Startup 2017
www.interviewcourse.co.uk

have my problem fixed now, thanks anyway, will take a look at this website as well
Reply 7
Original post by oal1
my calculator keeps giving me answers that aren't whole numbers in mixed fraction form
how do I change this to improper fraction form

thanks

Assuming you use casio
Shift 9
Then press 3
Original post by HateOCR
Assuming you use casio
Shift 9
Then press 3

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest