The Student Room Group

Drama A-Level & Oxbridge

I‘m not sure if I‘m on the right thread but I thought this one fit?
Basically, I‘m thinking of studying English Literature at uni and I currently take Englidh Literature, Hidtory and Drama at A-Level. If I wanted to apply for Oxbridge, would they be willing to consider me/make an offer even though I take Drama? I‘ve heard that it‘s blacklisted and I‘m worried that it will prevent me from being considered :smile:
Original post by Catherine2000
Basically, I‘m thinking of studying English Literature at uni and I currently take Englidh Literature, Hidtory and Drama at A-Level. If I wanted to apply for Oxbridge, would they be willing to consider me/make an offer even though I take Drama? I‘ve heard that it‘s blacklisted and I‘m worried that it will prevent me from being considered :smile:

Ring them up and ask them. For English and with your other choices I doubt it will be a problem but it’s best to get an answer directly rather than relying on hearsay
Original post by Catherine2000

As above. You have two very strong subjects and drama is related to your degree choice, so you should be fine. Hunt around in the Cambridge section - there have been threads where people can ask admissions tutors questions like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A mate of mine did drama and got in for natsci, I'm sure it will be fine.
Reply 4
Hi, I know this is a late reply but I do English Lit, History, Drama and RS A levels and got an offer from Oxford, others I met at interviews who were offered places had third subjects like media, PE, art, etc, I wouldn't worry, especially as drama links nicely to English Lit, so make sure you link the two in your personal statement and it shouldn't be a problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending