The Student Room Group

Palaeontology Applicants 2018

Evening everyone, I just thought I'd make a thread for people applying/received offers for palaeontology related courses as it's normally such a small group of people and there aren't that many posts about it on here.

Where have you applied or got offers from? What do you want to do long term? I'd love to hear from you :biggrin:

I've got conditional offers from Bristol + Birmingham and unconditionals from Leicester + Portsmouth. Hoping to be a researcher or work in a museum one day (fingers crossed).
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and gets back to you :h:
Hey, I’d had a really bad two years and was going to take a gap year as I kind of had a crisis of what course to take but I recently realised palaeontology is what I love so I’m applying late for Portsmouth, Bristol and Birmingham but also for UCL Earth sciences for the palaeobiology stream and Manchester for Geology and planetary science because I would get to study planets and palaeontology in the same course 😆. I haven’t submitted my application yet, my teacher says I have a good chance even though I’m playing so late but I’m not sure, I’m really nervous because I really want this.
Hi! I'd say you definitely have a chance, the course deadlines aren't for bit yet and I don't know think that many people will have applied for palaeontolgy.I think I'll be going to Birmingham if everything goes well. Good luck I'm rooting for you let me know how it goes !😁
Original post by ben.campbell
Hi! I'd say you definitely have a chance, the course deadlines aren't for bit yet and I don't know think that many people will have applied for palaeontolgy.I think I'll be going to Birmingham if everything goes well. Good luck I'm rooting for you let me know how it goes !😁

Awww haha thanks, this makes me a lot less nervous, hope everything goes well and you end up at Birmingham!
Just went to an applicants open day there yesterday - it was really good definitely worth a look.
Reply 6
Original post by ben.campbell
Evening everyone, I just thought I'd make a thread for people applying/received offers for palaeontology related courses as it's normally such a small group of people and there aren't that many posts about it on here.

Where have you applied or got offers from? What do you want to do long term? I'd love to hear from you :biggrin:

I've got conditional offers from Bristol + Birmingham and unconditionals from Leicester + Portsmouth. Hoping to be a researcher or work in a museum one day (fingers crossed).

I got two unconditionals from Portsmouth, two reduced grade offers from Bristol (AAB now ABC), and rescinded my application to Birmingham because they took ages to reply. I accepted the MSci at Portsmouth but they cancelled the course so I switched to the BSc.

I want the same career path as you but wouldn't mind a few years in the oil/gas/engineering industries to get some dosh first
Hey, i'll be studying Paleaontology at portsmouth in September! Hoping to work in a museum too, really looking forward to it!
Original post by sjaneh
I got two unconditionals from Portsmouth, two reduced grade offers from Bristol (AAB now ABC), and rescinded my application to Birmingham because they took ages to reply. I accepted the MSci at Portsmouth but they cancelled the course so I switched to the BSc.

I want the same career path as you but wouldn't mind a few years in the oil/gas/engineering industries to get some dosh first

Nice, never got a chance to look at Portsmouth as I live near Manchester but it looked nice from what I saw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending