straciatella09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm interested in applying to a pharmaceutical chemistry course (or medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry - basically anything to do with chemistry that will allow me to have a career in the pharmaceutical industry).

I'm wondering if there's anyone that can give me some opinions on their universities pharm.chem. course? I'm applying to Loughborough, Leicester, Huddersfield, Queen Mary and Nottingham Trent.

I know it's late to ask this question, but there's still some time left.

Thanks!
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by straciatella09)
Hi,

I'm interested in applying to a pharmaceutical chemistry course (or medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry - basically anything to do with chemistry that will allow me to have a career in the pharmaceutical industry).

I'm wondering if there's anyone that can give me some opinions on their universities pharm.chem. course? I'm applying to Loughborough, Leicester, Huddersfield, Queen Mary and Nottingham Trent.

Thanks!
Hi straciatella09

Great to hear you're considering Loughborough in your mix.
Obviously I can't speak for any of the other unis - but here's some info on our chemistry department http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/chemistry/
And some info specifically on the course http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergr...cal-chemistry/

It's worth comparing modules between the different unis and see if they will suit you for your career aspirations.
It's also worth thinking of where you'd like to live - you're going to spending 3,4 or 5 years there depending on the qualification you want so that's also important.
We have got a brand new STEMLab that by all accounts is amazing (I'm not a scientist so don't fully appreciate it so I'm not speaking from first hand experience!).
But I really think you need to compare courses, location, facilities and employability prospects between your chosen unis and that might make your decision a but easier.
If you've got any specific questions - just ask - we're always happy to help

Good luck with your decision.
Vicky
Dominic104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just do chemistry and you should be fine in the pharma world trust me i am in the pharma world after a chemistry degree
readingpotatonew
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey! i've applied for this same degree at NTU and i was wondering how are you finding it? and what are you planning on doing once you're finished>?
i struggle with chemistry at A-level and im not sure if would be able to cope with this at uni! Any advice about the course would be much appreciated!!!
(Original post by straciatella09)
Hi,

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads