The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

What to do if you don't have any references for your uni application. Age 21.

Hey all, i'm wanting to apply for a Access to HE course this year, since ive been out of education since college due to past financial reasons causing me to drop out early.

now question is what can i do about my reference since i have no one to put down..
Reply 1
An access tutor should be able to provide one I would’ve thought? Or a past/present employer? I got mine from the HR rep at my work. It just has to be someone who can vouch for your ability who’s not family or friends
London
I only thought you needed a reference for university applications?
Reply 3
Like the above posters stated, you do not need a reference in order to do an access course. If you meant that you dont know if the college will give you a reference after you finish your access course then do not worry, they will , as an access course is tailored for you to get into university, they will do the best they can to make sure you do.
Oh because the application form i got has both supporting Reference and Supporting Statement.
Hey @LaVidaLatino,

I'm so sorry for the late reply but the above posts true. If you don't have an academic tutor you can get your employer to write up a reference for you about your academic and/or creative skills to support your application, but if there are any issues acquiring this I would suggest getting in touch with the admissions department. and they can further advise you.

I hope this helped and please feel free to ask anything else and we will try to reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Row:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending