The Student Room Group

Physics January 2018

Anybody in Jan 18 physics?
how was the exam? for me it was tough though.
specially those diagrams from the train and the ball.
and also the young modulus part.
(edited 6 years ago)
Jan 18 for unit 2? I am. And are you talking about questions in unit 1? This paper is definitely the most difficult one I’ve ever done. Especially diagrams from the train and ball. I left it blank. :frown:(((((((( And the one which requires using Newton’s laws. I can’t even understand the question!! So ofc Idk how it works!!! I just wrote whatever I knew tho I knew they were definitely wrong!! I screwed up completely:frown:((
Do you have exams tomorrow? Like unit 3 for physics
(edited 6 years ago)
it was definitely the most difficult exam ive ever done
the thing with the ball out of the train was like equations of motion, it took me a long while to realise, from the top, you see horizontal, so it remains constant as no force is acting (it remains in the same horizontal position) from the side youre looking at the vertical component, so its accelerating downwards as gravity is only force acting
Reply 5
Original post by Sherryew
Jan 18 for unit 2? I am. And are you talking about questions in unit 1? This paper is definitely the most difficult one I’ve ever done. Especially diagrams from the train and ball. I left it blank. :frown:(((((((( And the one which requires using Newton’s laws. I can’t even understand the question!! So ofc Idk how it works!!! I just wrote whatever I knew tho I knew they were definitely wrong!! I screwed up completely:frown:((

Newtons laws question i wrote :
that particles of gas have kinetic energy initially when release the gas will exert a force on moon's surface and according to (n3) the moon will also exert an equal and opposite force on the gas.
forces will be cancel out.
acceleration of the capsule will be reduced.
i jst wrote it dont know if its correct i might get few marks.
Original post by SRABON'666
Newtons laws question i wrote :
that particles of gas have kinetic energy initially when release the gas will exert a force on moon's surface and according to (n3) the moon will also exert an equal and opposite force on the gas.
forces will be cancel out.
acceleration of the capsule will be reduced.
i jst wrote it dont know if its correct i might get few marks.

What I wrote was: Due to N3, capsule exerts a force on gas, and gas will exert a force of the same size but opposite direction on capsule, resultant force of gas decreases and hence acceleration is reduced due to N2. I thought the question asked how the gases’ speed is reduced not the capsule? Idk I know my answers make no sense since I don’t really understand the question.
Btw do you know when can we see mark scheme and grade boundaries?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
i think this one is gonna be one of those papers, whoes grade boundries are gonna be about 50 A
Reply 8
Original post by Sherryew
What I wrote was: Due to N3, capsule exerts a force on gas, and gas will exert a force of the same size but opposite direction on capsule, resultant force of gas decreases and hence acceleration is reduced due to N2. I thought the question asked how the gases’ speed is reduced not the capsule? Idk I know my answers make no sense since I don’t really understand the question.
Btw do you know when can we see mark scheme and grade boundaries?

Mark scheme and gradeboundary might be given on end of february.
As far as i know u might get few marks for that answer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Mark scheme and gradeboundary might be given on end of february.
As far as i know u might get few marks for that answer.

Thx a lot. Do you have exams tomorrow? For unit 3
Yes, deft found the paper hard. Felt a bit disappointed because I left few questions blank😥 ran out of time....:frown: I cldnt understand the train, young modulus and the crutch question at all😢
Reply 11
This was my acceleration time graph...
tell me if i am wrong.
This was my acceleration time graph...
tell me if i am wrong.

its correct.
Reply 13
this was the worst exam i have ever done, i hope i can score a D
Reply 14
Such a lengthy paper and the jest few qs had me shook I was like whaaaaaaaa??
I just got hold of this paper and omg how tf did my friend score 64 on this?
do you still have the paper?
Original post by Sayf200
I just got hold of this paper and omg how tf did my friend score 64 on this?

where did you get the paper?
Original post by Sayf200
there is this website called BilalAhmed blogs

thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest