Are mixed race faces less defined, more self-similiar, with less character? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you think people mixed race (black and white in particular) look very similar to eachother, and have the same sort of uniform features? almost featureless? the noses are often the same, the eyes and lips are the same - usually small features, averaged out and not quirky with character. the skin and hair texture often very similar. there isn't a lot of variation, they are an average of the white and black features of the parent which ends up as similar features in the children each time (pointy white nose and wide black nose give the usual small snub mixed race nose).

so what do you think, is there more of a range of features with white and black people, but less of a range with b/w mixed race people. I am black and white mixed race myself, and it's something I think I'm seeing, because everyone mixed race seems to look like me. I don't feel I'm as individual looking as a white or black person. It's not a problem though, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Attachment 717676

https://en.mediamass.net/people/thandie-newton

http://www.beautiful-women-pedia.com/gugu-mbatha-raw/

n.b - I'm talking about uk mixed race, as black american people are alredy mixed with white way up their family tree, and vice versa for white americans.
Anonymous #1
what do you think?
Anonymous #1
what do people think?
ehokaywhatever
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think they have some similarities but I also think the more mixed people there are the more difference people will notice. I'm black and I favour white women so I guess ill also have offspring that fits your category. I think it might also depend on what kind of black people are
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you think people mixed race (black and white in particular) look very similar to eachother, and have the same sort of uniform features? almost featureless? the noses are often the same, the eyes and lips are the same - usually small features, averaged out and not quirky with character. the skin and hair texture often very similar. there isn't a lot of variation, they are an average of the white and black features of the parent which ends up as similar features in the children each time (pointy white nose and wide black nose give the usual small snub mixed race nose).

so what do you think, is there more of a range of features with white and black people, but less of a range with b/w mixed race people. I am black and white mixed race myself, and it's something I think I'm seeing, because everyone mixed race seems to look like me. I don't feel I'm as individual looking as a white or black person. It's not a problem though, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Hmmm... not sure I agree with that, I think you may be noticing the ones who are similar to the features you mention. Some of the most beautiful people I've ever seen have been mixed race, but I have also seen people who just look odd.

For example, Jessica Ennis looks nothing like Rochelle Hulme* IMHO. Furthermore, don't forget even the late Jade Goody was mixed race (although she was very "white" to look at).

*Given that both Rochelle and Marvin are both mixed race, it'll be very interesting to see what their kids grow up to look like... I reckon they may even have one who is black and one who is white; similar to this example

https://saboteur365.files.wordpress....ical-twins.jpg

(Original post by Anonymous)
n.b - I'm talking about uk mixed race, as black american people are alredy mixed with white way up their family tree, and vice versa for white americans.
I think that your description would be more appropriate if you said specifically about white UK and black African; as Black Caribbeans are ethincally the same as black Americans, so invalidates the distinction.
TheRuralJuror
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes kinda , weird never thought about it ...
guess it's the two ethnic treats fighting and it ends with a draw :beard:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (213)
52.99%
No (189)
47.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed