I got insulted by my teacher in front of whole class Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So today second class of a specific subject happened, for me it was first.
Teacher came and started writing on board then there was a little noise so she changed seat of few students then asked if everyone knows a term related to the topic being discussed so nobody said anything, I had forgotten that and my expressions were saying that so she asked me specifically that term, I stood and said no then she asked my partner same she answered, then again asked that from me but I couldn't repeat that so said no, then she asked from another one that question she answered then I said that too, then she asked something else from me I didn't said anything, my mind got blank, she kept asking medium to easy ques but I kept mum. So she told me to get out of class with bag and return after learning all definitions, I won't let seat anyone in my class who doesn't even know basics. When I was leaving she stated even children of lower classes knew this etc. Now the thing is I actually forgot that term but not other things she asked but I am unable to speak in more people.i know that's my problem and I should improve but it isn't just fear of speaking in public but it's the result of my psychological problems. I have developed several fears from past 3 years. This humiliation depressed me a lot. Like teacher, majority of class will think I know nothing, I have no knowledge. I know I shouldn't think what others think but still it's making me sad. I cried a lot after that while telling my bestfriend everything who was absent. I have to take medicines everyday for headache(migraine), I can't handle any stress without medicine. This isn't teacher's mistake but I don't know what to do. I am trying but can't improve immediately. The problem is if I won't attend her class everyone will think I am coward and even I don't want to miss class just because of this but if I attend more then she will again do the same, will ask more questions until she gets satisfied but I won't be able to answer in front of whole class. This is making me very sad and depressing me. I solution I thought is to talk to teacher personally and tell her to test me there for her satisfaction and tell my problem so she can understand but seeing her chances of her agreeing is not more than 10%. I am in a girls college, here teachers are not like this they just come teach and go. Or if anyone asks anything and don't get answer than ask another but don't keep on asking the one who isn't able to answer. I am very confused and depressed, I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know what should I do.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First, paragraphs.

Second, can't tell what's gone on there, because that's impenetrable to read.
eggyeol
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Paragraphs please OP
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry that happened to you. I've had some issues with teachers in the past too.

One teacher compared my stature against someone who was taller than me, another teacher asked me how tall I was for no absolute reason at all, another teacher liked humiliating me often.. I feel like they made fun of me on purpose. I'm so happy I left that **** college. I had a lot of personal issues then, it was one of the reasons why I got bad A-Level grades...I'm now studying Computer Science at a top 10 university for the subject...
sert510
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Teacher came and started writing on board then there was a little noise so she changed seat of few students then asked if everyone knows a term related to the topic being discussed so nobody said anything, I had forgotten that and my expressions were saying that so she asked me specifically that term, I stood and said no then she asked my partner same she answered, then again asked that from me but I couldn't repeat that so said no, then she asked from another one that question she answered then I said that too, then she asked something else from me I didn't said anything, my mind got blank, she kept asking medium to easy ques but I kept mum. So she told me to get out of class with bag and return after learning all definitions, I won't let seat anyone in my class who doesn't even know basics. When I was leaving she stated even children of lower classes knew this etc. Now the thing is I actually forgot that term but not other things she asked but I am unable to speak in more people.i know that's my problem and I should improve but it isn't just fear of speaking in public but it's the result of my psychological problems. I have developed several fears from past 3 years. This humiliation depressed me a lot. Like teacher, majority of class will think I know nothing, I have no knowledge. I know I shouldn't think what others think but still it's making me sad. I cried a lot after that while telling my bestfriend everything who was absent. I have to take medicines everyday for headache(migraine), I can't handle any stress without medicine. This isn't teacher's mistake but I don't know what to do. I am trying but can't improve immediately. The problem is if I won't attend her class everyone will think I am coward and even I don't want to miss class just because of this but if I attend more then she will again do the same, will ask more questions until she gets satisfied but I won't be able to answer in front of whole class. This is making me very sad and depressing me. I solution I thought is to talk to teacher personally and tell her to test me there for her satisfaction and tell my problem so she can understand but seeing her chances of her agreeing is not more than 10%. I am in a girls college, here teachers are not like this they just come teach and go. Or if anyone asks anything and don't get answer than ask another but don't keep on asking the one who isn't able to answer. I am very confused and depressed, I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know what should I do.

Gave up reading but I had many instances in high school where a teacher did this to me. I was told to drop my psych class in-front of the class and that I would fail. I later got a 2:1 at a respectable uni and when I bumped into her in my home town again, I told her this and she apologized and hugged me.

Moral of the story is to turn negativity into positive results.
username3585844
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Respond to her with "I do know something, I know how to be stupid. And by the looks of things, you have much more experience of that than I do". That's how you insult your teacher in front of a class
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tl;DR
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Go and meet her personally explain to her about your inhibitions and medical condition.
And dont miss her next lect study for it and before she says anything raise ur hand and answer.
Plus be shamless she scolded u forget about it dont let it affect u study ask her doubts personally or in class. Take help from ur friends make sure everyone understands ur at least trying and what happened was just a bad day. Hope this helps.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
jesus that awll of text hurts my eyes,

paragraphs and then can offer advice again
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My bloody eyes...

If I was your teacher, based on your post I'd be insulting you on TSR
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
[QUOTE=Anonymous;75539342]
I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I hope now it is readable.

Teacher came and started writing on board. Then there was a little noise so she changed seat of few students then asked if everyone knows a term related to the topic being discussed so nobody said anything, I had forgotten that and my expressions were saying that so she asked me specifically that term.

I stood and said no then she asked my partner same she answered, then again asked that from me but I couldn't repeat that so said no, then she asked from another one that question she answered then I said that too, then she asked something else from me I didn't said anything, my mind got blank.

She kept asking medium to easy questions but I kept mum. So she told me to get out of class with bag and return after learning all definitions, I won't let seat anyone in my class who doesn't even know basics. When I was leaving she stated even children of lower classes knew this etc.

Now the thing is I actually forgot that term but not other things she asked but I am unable to speak in more people.i know that's my problem and I should improve but it isn't just fear of speaking in public but it's the result of my psychological problems. I have developed several fears from past 3 years.

This humiliation depressed me a lot. Like teacher, majority of class will think I know nothing, I have no knowledge. I know I shouldn't think what others think but still it's making me sad. I cried a lot after that while telling my bestfriend everything who was absent.

I have to take medicines everyday for headache(migraine), I can't handle any stress without medicine.

This isn't teacher's mistake but I don't know what to do. I am trying but can't improve immediately.

The problem is if I won't attend her class everyone will think I am coward and even I don't want to miss class just because of this but if I attend more then she will again do the same, will ask more questions until she gets satisfied but I won't be able to answer in front of whole class.

This is making me very sad and depressing me. One solution I thought is to talk to teacher personally and tell her to test me there for her satisfaction and tell my problem to teacher so she can understand but seeing her chances of her agreeing is not more than 10%.

I am in a girls college, here teachers are not like this they just come teach and go. Or if anyone asks anything and don't get answer than ask another but don't keep on asking the one who isn't able to answer.

I am very confused and depressed, I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know what should I do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.63%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.84%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.22%
There's nothing they could do (59)
30.1%

Watched Threads