The Student Room Group

New year, new me? A ReadySalted Edition!

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well and are safe and sound. :^_^:

URDU

:captain::captain::captain:

First of all, I will show you the photos I've taken of my grandad's famous Urdu book. He's not the type of person to hold onto things, but I think somehow this has been inside his cupboard for so long that he has never noticed it was there. Literally the Urdu is perfection! Although I've been told this may be our neighbours grandad's Urdu book- they moved away but either way the writing is pretty neat!:albertein::albertein:

Here's the photos:

I was able to read snippets of the urdu- it's much like the book version I normally read on. I didn't seem to understand anything of what was written- I felt like beating myself once I searched it in youtube as I was told what was written is very popular poem and it has been read many, many times when we attend gatherings. :argh: Also, this is one of my favourite poetries- it sounds quite beautiful.:angelwings:

Anyway, as soon as I heard what was read- I knew the meaning as it's so popular I have been told the meaning before. :broken::broken: It simply starts to say (in my very informal translation): 'First and foremost, all praise to God- who ever says his name never fails in any work he does...' and it later talks about how a gardener flowers his flowerbed- but at the end of the day whether fruits and flowers grow depends on God's permission..the poetry behind it is what I love the most.

Being Independent

:bath::bath::bath:

Being Independent is going pretty well at the moment, yeah erm.... apart from the times- someone has to help me shop, cook, clean and shower.. joke! Joke! :cry:I do showers myself :dong::dong:. Hahah, just kidding- I think trying to be independent is going well- I try cooking for myself apart from the times my mum makes family meals; I wash my own clothes, hang them outside on the line, do general chores in the house lightening the load on others.

But I think the most important thing is really knowing the importance of being independent and then everything and anything you do- it becomes second nature to do it yourself rather than hoping and depending on someone else. :biggrin::smile:

I've got to stick this in here- I changed the sheets of my bed! Yeah that's right people- independence has now reached a new high. :driver::driver:

p.s. the pillcase and the sheets are not the same colour- because I couldn't find a red pillowcase.. who matches things nowadays. It's a time to mix & match everything including socks (all the time) and bedsheets. Ohhh, what a time to be alive eh! Hehe

My new relationship status update- I pledge to change the bedsheets. Responsibilities, responsibilities... :erm: :date:

Those creative videos will be out so very soon... I say creative but most likely will be 1/10. *Please lower all expectations immediately*, * repeat, please lower all expectations..* :wink:

Just want to say.. I really enjoying making blogs, I never tried this before- but I'm quite liking this :drool::fight::dogt:

See you on the next one! :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)

Hi guys, :bigsmile:

Welcome to another blog! :banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:

I thought why not do something different rather than talking about my resolutions. What I've decided to do is in next few upcoming blogs I may discuss my resolutions as well as advice regarding Resolutions.:argh::bigsmile:

Why Should YOU have a New Years Resolution?

:russia::russia::russia::russia::russia:

Just a disclaimer, by no way am I currently succeeding with my resolutions, however what keeps me going is advise I keep embedded in my mind. :borat:

1. Improving Myself- I'm sure every resolution we keep is there to improve us, whether its mentally, physically, socially or spiritually. Either way, it's essentially for our own benefit someway or another. This will not only allow us to celebrate our win at the end of the year, but to improve ourselves to become our better versions.

2. Up for the challenge?- Being a very competitive person, I can't bare the thought of throwing the towel in, and saying 'you know what? I give up. This resolution is useless'- I've done it a number of times, when I fail or give up my resolutions and this time, I'm sure in for the long-haul.

3. Prove others wrong- This is really dependable on each resolution, i.e. may it be a bet with friends who say you can't live without tomato ketchup in your life, or if it's someone body-shaming you (although there is no reason to be ashamed of), you can make a statement to prove them you can do it, and will absolutely smash it- cos your so great.

4. Succeeding feels good!- It feels good to achieve something, right? To take a win? To complete something, that you've started? Either way this gives us a reassurance of one's worth and can serve as a example of how damn good we are, and nor you or anyone should ever, ever underestimate your own worth. Because your simply the best!

"I failed my New Year Resolutions"

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Each day is a new, fresh day. You so can do it, stick your mind to it and you can do it. I cannot sit here and tell you 100% I have been good with my resolutions or I am 'succeeding' because to be frank, I am not. It doesn't matter how many times you fall, its how many times you fell, but got up each time. :flutterby:

I will leave you with this quote down here:

THANKS FOR READING ANOTHER BLOG GUYS, MUCH LOVE. :h:

Peace.

:banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::jumphug::jumphug::jumphug::groovy::groovy::groovy:

Hi guys, how we all doing people of the TSR universe! Good I hope. :argh::argh::argh:

My day in a nut-shell

I woke up in the morning, I hear crypto is fluctuating as usual. So I look into it to find out more, hoping to see LTC price fall. Shmrrrrr prices fall a little. :bandit: (ps. I need to buy crypto, haven't bought any).

2pm: A women came over to buy a phone my brother was selling, I was the salesman today. :afro: Every salesman needs his commission, if you know what I mean. 40% cut- isn't too much is it?:angel: Anyway the women has the cheek to message my bro after to say- her exact words 'your sweet bro has sold it to me for £150' (instead of £180). :battle: As you can imagine, I'm bombarded with phone calls- Indeed sh** was about to hit the fan real quick. :boxing:I like her though, brave move to put me in the trap secretly as she left. Very Brave. :own3d:

A fun fact, I have been robbed once before by someone who gave me less and confused me when counting :poke:. Life lesson for everyone is: Count Properly. :puppyeyes: . 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.. Yeah after that event, I'm a pro- I can now count to a 100. *Feeling sarcastically proud*

Then, later during the day I started working on the creative aspect of the blog I was discussing earlier and was working on that since the evening. Revision had no choice but to take the back-seat today. :rip:

Eating Well and Being Independent

What did I have for Breakfast?

Good question you ask, I had a egg and bread with cooked spinach. I never tried having spinach on egg, but I find it tastes quite nice. I also had a healthy smoothie to give with it. *Pat on the back moment* - I've got to keep working on keeping healthy and eating healthy! :pepsi:

Spoiler

What did I have for Dinner?

Well, I must say you're full of questions today aren't you? I had fish, chicken and potatoes with chips (not in the picture) and salad. The green sauce on the picture is called 'Marchi'. Ah man, its so nice- you've got to try it with chicken.:rock:

Spoiler

What am I listening to right now?

I have a playlist on now, but now I'm listening to Shakka- Rolling with the elephants. 'I walk with the elephants, rolling rolling with the elephants... go head be a weirdo duno duno' Nice tune!

What am I going to do now at 12.39am in the night?

Well, well all will be revealed in the next blog :wink:. A mini-surprise.

After I've started with that ( no way I can finish it today) I will watch a documentary: Mass Execution in Arkansas on Iplayer- It's pretty interesting- anyone who's seen in, let me know below. Would love to know what you think. :smile:

Thanks guys, have a good night. :top:

PEACE. x
Reply 23
Awesome blog. All the best with the cooking and everything else 🙂
Original post by h333
Awesome blog. All the best with the cooking and everything else 🙂

Thank you! :smile: Yesterday, I tried warming my food with a metal plate on the stove. Ended up slightly burning the plate- and the food was still cold due to the type of plate. Got lectured at * facepalm moment *. Cooking is a struggle, ahaha but thanks :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by ReadySalted28
Thank you! :smile: Yesterday, I tried warming my food with a metal plate on the stove. Ended up slightly burning the plate- and the food was still cold due to the type of plate. Got lectured at * facepalm moment *. Cooking is a struggle, ahaha but thanks :tongue:

You’re welcome :smile:
Lool be careful with your experiments. It seems like you are doing well though so don’t give up - cooking is worth the effort. No problem.
Original post by h333
You’re welcome :smile:
Lool be careful with your experiments. It seems like you are doing well though so don’t give up - cooking is worth the effort. No problem.

Haha Thanks :wink:

Wharrup, wharrup, wharrup people! Happy friday guys, weekend here we come! :hat2:

Todays' been great, although waking up late and showering fast and rushing to prayers is probably not the ideal situation to be in. :hmmmm2::hmpf: I have this mindset of a 'ideal morning'- where you wake up early when everyone is sleeping- pray and then have breakfast whilst the sun is rising. Having a shower and then getting ready for the day. :gah::flower2: But I seems like it never goes to plan. :erm:

Be determined and resilient! :fight::hoppy:

Eating Healthy

:slap::slap:

I think this is the first time or second time where I have missed breakfast. :sheep: Today being Friday, and waking up late. I came back after Jummah and then had a chesse and onion pasty. yeah I know..*face palm moment* :facepalm::facepalm: (technically it was nearly 2pm and that was a lunch kind of thing :evilbanana:)

So the surprise I mentioned in my last blog is.....

Spoiler

Making a video
:moon::moon::moon:

I'm gonna try my very best to ensure it's a nice video, I don't know how I will embed it into this forum tho hmm :idea:. But don't worry I will figure something out.

Why did you decide to create a video?

I wanted to do a video just to give you guys a different means of an update rather than creating a blog and also I like to try to be creative, so I hope this will be something different- but also very realistic in the way of showing each of my resolutions progress.

What is the video about?

The video will show what types of ways I am meeting or trying to meet my resolutions. You can call it a 'End of 2 Month update' hehe

Can I expect to see a 'super great' video?

Disclaimer *you may not like the video- I'm not creating a professional movie hehe It's just me, so don't be disappointed :wink: *

When can I see the video?

So I've recorded the video yesterday, at the moment I am editing the video and I will ensure its out and embedded here on tomorrow's blog. So be sure to stay tuned for the video, tomorrow!

:jiggy:Oh I have created a board of my resolutions in action which I will create and will feature in the video! :jiggy:

Thanks guys for checking out my blog as always, much appreciated. :woohoo::worm2::troll:

PEACE. :ssaw::train2::ssaw::train2:
Finally, just finished with the video!! WHOOP!! Can't wait to upload it on here.

I think it's more of a trailer of my resolutions and the struggle.. The struggle of some of these resolutions is indeed real!!

Can't wait to upload it once I figure out how to do itv :argh::argh: :smile:

Hi!

Todays gone pretty well, I've been revising in the afternoon and then in the evening I started editing the video again- so I can ensure it's up on TSR by night the very latest.

I did make a progress board for the resolutions which is featured in the video. See the pictures below, I don't know if you can make out the writing clearly. But hopefully the video will show it clearer:

Thanks guys, TK. I'll see you again shortly when I'm back to upload the video. Hope you like it hahah.

Peaceeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry its quite late, but I couldn't find any other way of adding the video apart from uploading this on Youtube and then waiting for it to process. I hope you like the video of my progress in a visual manner :smile:

VIDEO

:w00t::woo::woo::woo::w00t:

THANKS GUYS, SEE YOU ON THE NEXT ONE!! :yum: :vroam:

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing good.

I'm feeling pretty inspired today. Just wanna say be who you want to be, don't feel the need to change yourself or limit yourself, who cares what others think- like seriously you are your one big strength. Man, you can change yourself and other people's lives in a great way but never feel limited in what others think of you.

Feeling pretty good today alhamdulillah for some reason. :smile:

Food

Yesterday, I go downstairs.. and you know the feeling when the fridge looks empty and there's no biscuits left. Yeah, so I stuck to a banana and glass of Mango Juice.

Spoiler

Man, the mango juice was smooth as anything and nice. I had smooth mango juice, before that has a weird taste, but this was nice. Later, my mum gave me a plate of potato with beans, some vegetables (sweetcorn #1- I must've mentioned this hundred times already- love em.) and I some fish with a weird looking burger beef meat.

Spoiler

I tried making one of those Beef burgers once before, but the smell was too disgusting. Yeah, so I put that to the side as it basically looked like rubber and pretty unhealthy- even though I try to complete a plane, because wasting food is bad- but nah the look of it put me off straight away.

But a big shout-out to Mums, literally I can't explain the love for my mum- Apple of my eye. So thankful to Allah. Anyway....... * I can see Onions lol *

What did I see in the garden today?

Guys, I see this animal in the Garden:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here's how the scene pans out:

I literally run upstairs, grab the camera, take photos so I can show it to everyone.

It went all the way to the back of the garden, I open the window and whistle at it- but no reaction (rude!)

I take a piece of bread out with m ( I dunno what they eat) at this point I don't know where it is- at the back of the garden there is a gate which leads to a small strip of land- I see it there chilling in the grass

But again rude, it runs like I was about to run after it lol. Like really?? Bruh, I have to first unlock the gate get through the grass and find a way to grab it first.

Yeah so I ended up eating the bread, but then I throw half on the floor if the birds fancy having a bite.

As I looked over the gate, I saw what looks like a chicken coop overturned. I've been over the gate before and I've never seen this bird there before- so my concern is its probably from the coop by any chance (and I've never seen the coop there before- there was a table there too). Hmmm... I'll check tomorrow to see if the animal lives there.

Anyway after some research, I found out its a Pheasant. Pretty cool huh? The old geezer just thought he'd give a visit over down my yard before popping back home. But nah, you have now been identified. Heheh.

The bird is very pretty tho.

Thanks for checking another blog out, much appreciated. See you on the next one. :wink:
Reply 32
When you were ironing your clothes - I was like noooo that’s not how you do it lol
Original post by h333
When you were ironing your clothes - I was like noooo that’s not how you do it lol

Damn it!! I knew something was fishy when my sister was dishing out free advice lol. Thanks sis, gonna iron the right way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjPalbgTs4 :wink:

Hey, Wharrrup wharrup people of TSR. Hope you're all good.

Fancy making a blog at half 2 in the morning huh.

Pheasant Bird Update

Yeah, guys I checked out the open area at the back of our house, to check out how the Pheasant is doing. Naaaah, I went around the Pheasants yard to check out the kinda fancy life he's living. Yeah, what Pheasant, you come my garden, I go to your garden. You chill in my yard, I chill in yours. That's how it works. But nah, the bird must was nowhere to be seen. RIP bro.

Haha, but I went across- I didn't the Pheasant, unless the bird creeped into someone else's garden or just gone home. But my sister said, she saw it in the morning again today, wondering about in the garden. Gotta say this Pheasant is incredibly brave.. considering I did read they get shot a lot. Why the bird triggering me like that for?? We ain't no america, but still I'll get Mr Bean to lend me his gun.

Nah just kidding, any animal activists.. don't gun me down- I love animals too :wink: I was researching on them- websites say to have them as pets, cut small section of their wing off so they can't fly as they can fly at high speeds and can get away. Dammn, I think that's kinda cruel, I'd rather the bird escape rather than capture it. It's funny how we tend to define freedom with wings and ability to fly free, yet we choose to ground these free birds... just something worth thinking.

Resolutions Update

There's no major update today as I didn't really wake up in the mindset to work on them. But I made some bread pizzas myself lol I do that anyways, not headline news tho.

I really appreciate you all reading to the end, it means a lot. Advise of the day: Help others as much as you can as long as you shall live (you never know... it may be the smallest of the smallest of things you did, that will be the making of you)
Peace.
Reply 35
Damn it!! I knew something was fishy when my sister was dishing out free advice lol. Thanks sis, gonna iron the right way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjPalbgTs4 :wink:

Oh it’s okay, you’re trying your best and that’s what matters :smile: I don’t know what advice your sister was giving you, but you should listen to her :tongue:
No probs but don’t follow that video :lol:

When you’re ironing your T shirt or polo shirt, if it has a collar, iron that first and then iron the sleeves- front and back. Then the back and the front of the shirt.

I do it pretty much like this:
https://youtu.be/TKzujF4_sCM
Ironing jeans:
https://youtu.be/1iiPFoFzyTU

Hope this helps 🙃

Btw, the way you write your blogs is very interesting and cool. I like your nice messages at the end :yy:
(edited 6 years ago)

Guys, I'm stupid.. damn it! Damnn, ah man I can't believe I'm so calm. Sabrun Jameel- Beautiful patience.
Man, I just closed the TSR tab- so gutted man, I literally completed my blog- just gotta add the post-it note and send. Ah well, no point in crying about it geeeeeeeez man. Get a grip.

ROUND 2.. :wink:

Wharrrrrrup, Wharrrrrup beautiful people of TSR. Hope you're all doing good and well! Welcome to another blog.

How was your day?

I had a good day, yeah a good day. Everyday is a good day, iA. Ah man.. lost for words- sorry guys still dwelling on the disappearance act.

Resolution: Being Independent Vs. Being Healthy

I love the fact this goes hand in hand. When I make food, it may be healthy- I'm like alriggght I'm in. But yeah, I'm pretty happy with these resolutions at the moment. Being healthy in the sense of not eating out late or skipping breakfast. I haven't been out late in ages and majority of the time I wake up on time and have breakfast.

For Breakfast, I had Egg and Bread, great stuff!

Spoiler

For Lunch, I had rice with fish fingers, yum yum!

Spoiler

Spoiler

For Dinner, I had a ghost- yeah a real ghost with Chappati. Daaaamn! Nah lol I had ghohst curry dish which is basically meat curry, nice! Sorry forgot to take a photo. :frown: I have to admit.. I didn't make this myself, and to be honest I don't think I'm capable of making this- another waste of food *TICK*

My previous blog post- RIP

Just to let you know, with my previous blog post I was about to put out, before it made its disappearance act, the blog post was basically a jokey food recipe for the food I made and ate today. I didn't want to make it again, just because I think theres a reason for everything- and with the tab closing just before I post, it may be a sign. Maybe its offensive to others? I dunno.. I'm probably the biggest conspiracy artist! Heheh.

There's no-one in this world that can take your place, I'm sorry for taking you for granted... Now I will like to love you like you love me.......... Lol the verse I'm just listening to hehe, anyone?

Spoiler

Lol, I'm talking about mums again, but this is the song I'm on right now, no can do. But seriously, the biggest blessings to hit our life.. We say 'Paradise is under our mothers feet' man you can imagine their position and status- for sure they are our entry ticket to Jannah/Paradise. Love and appreciate your mums as long as they live.. cos you don't know what you have until it is gone... for real.

As side note, in the maher zain video doesn't that old lady remind you of SriDevi- indian actor. SriDevi died like few days ago, so sad but she'd probably look like that lady if she grew old. Life is indeed short. :frown:

Peace.
Looking at the picture of my food, you guys must be so baffled and how (disgusting) it looks hehe, I'll describe what it is.

Breakfast- It's your standard egg and bread, but I added tomato ketchup. I love TK. You gotta try it with egg and bread, its actually really nice.

Lunch- Yeah, sorry about the presentation- I need to up my game! But its rice with yoghurt and Marchi aka the chilli yoghurt. I'm not really selling it at the moment but its nice, especially the one my mum makes- perfect. !

Thanks for reading another post, much admiration to y'all TSR people!
Original post by h333
Oh it’s okay, you’re trying your best and that’s what matters :smile: I don’t know what advice your sister was giving you, but you should listen to her :tongue:
No probs but don’t follow that video :lol:

When you’re ironing your T shirt or polo shirt, if it has a collar, iron that first and then iron the sleeves- front and back. Then the back and the front of the shirt.

I do it pretty much like this:
https://youtu.be/TKzujF4_sCM
Ironing jeans:
https://youtu.be/1iiPFoFzyTU

Hope this helps 🙃

Btw, the way you write your blogs is very interesting and cool. I like your nice messages at the end :yy:

Ah man! Thanks for the vids. Gotta say I fully appreciate the second lady- she even ironed the zipper bit of the trousers. Dedication at its best.

lol my sisters attempt at teaching me to iron, vids have been forwarded on also haha

I had no authority over you, I only invited you and you responded. So do not blame me, but blame yourselves - wow very interesting, I'll remember this. Appreciate ur dawah :wink:
Reply 39

Guys, I'm stupid.. damn it! Damnn, ah man I can't believe I'm so calm. Sabrun Jameel- Beautiful patience.
Man, I just closed the TSR tab- so gutted man, I literally completed my blog- just gotta add the post-it note and send. Ah well, no point in crying about it geeeeeeeez man. Get a grip.

ROUND 2.. :wink:

Wharrrrrrup, Wharrrrrup beautiful people of TSR. Hope you're all doing good and well! Welcome to another blog.

How was your day?

I had a good day, yeah a good day. Everyday is a good day, iA. Ah man.. lost for words- sorry guys still dwelling on the disappearance act.

Resolution: Being Independent Vs. Being Healthy

I love the fact this goes hand in hand. When I make food, it may be healthy- I'm like alriggght I'm in. But yeah, I'm pretty happy with these resolutions at the moment. Being healthy in the sense of not eating out late or skipping breakfast. I haven't been out late in ages and majority of the time I wake up on time and have breakfast.

For Breakfast, I had Egg and Bread, great stuff!

Spoiler

For Lunch, I had rice with fish fingers, yum yum!

Spoiler

Spoiler

For Dinner, I had a ghost- yeah a real ghost with Chappati. Daaaamn! Nah lol I had ghohst curry dish which is basically meat curry, nice! Sorry forgot to take a photo. :frown: I have to admit.. I didn't make this myself, and to be honest I don't think I'm capable of making this- another waste of food *TICK*

My previous blog post- RIP

Just to let you know, with my previous blog post I was about to put out, before it made its disappearance act, the blog post was basically a jokey food recipe for the food I made and ate today. I didn't want to make it again, just because I think theres a reason for everything- and with the tab closing just before I post, it may be a sign. Maybe its offensive to others? I dunno.. I'm probably the biggest conspiracy artist! Heheh.

There's no-one in this world that can take your place, I'm sorry for taking you for granted... Now I will like to love you like you love me.......... Lol the verse I'm just listening to hehe, anyone?

Spoiler

Lol, I'm talking about mums again, but this is the song I'm on right now, no can do. But seriously, the biggest blessings to hit our life.. We say 'Paradise is under our mothers feet' man you can imagine their position and status- for sure they are our entry ticket to Jannah/Paradise. Love and appreciate your mums as long as they live.. cos you don't know what you have until it is gone... for real.

As side note, in the maher zain video doesn't that old lady remind you of SriDevi- indian actor. SriDevi died like few days ago, so sad but she'd probably look like that lady if she grew old. Life is indeed short. :frown:

Peace.

Ah that must have been so annoying writing the blog again so well done 👍🏻

And that last part about our mums is very true 👌🏻

Ah man! Thanks for the vids. Gotta say I fully appreciate the second lady- she even ironed the zipper bit of the trousers. Dedication at its best.

lol my sisters attempt at teaching me to iron, vids have been forwarded on also haha

I had no authority over you, I only invited you and you responded. So do not blame me, but blame yourselves - wow very interesting, I'll remember this. Appreciate ur dawah :wink:

No problem :smile:
Yep lool but that’s how it should be done 😌

Haha bless them.

Ah thanks :smile:
I’m literally taking over your blog lol so feel free to
Ignore this post. I’ll be reading your blogs though.

Quick Reply

Latest