Teacher upset me Watch

xximstrongerthanthatxx
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I currently do biology a-level, and we're all in the process of doing courswork atm (while doing exams..which is a fat mistake...)

Anyway, the way my teacher was talking a few weeks before, eg its a good time, you can come and go as you please, work at own pace etc gave me the impression that we were to work independantly over the 3 weeks we had to do courswork for. Because my study had to take place at the same time everyday, i therefore was going to use the labs till next week when i have no exams to disrupt this.
I've been spending what would have been the lessons doing courswork and writing up sections that don't need my results.

However i got a very rude phone call today from the schools receptionist, as my teacher was asking why i hadnt gone to any lessons, and that i should, and i quote 'get my ass into one'...which sort of upset me, as it implied i was lazy, and can't be bothered.

I sent her an e-mail, explaining i was misunderstood, and attached the work i'd done so far, but i still feel quite upset about what was said..but i do accept its my stupid fault i didnt pay proper attention.

Do you think she'll understand, and should i tell her i was quite hurt about what she said?

I usually get on quite well with this teacher, and ive really improved in the last term and this whole thing has totally brought my confidence down a notch with her.
m i l o
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, tell them because you know you're not lazy and you don't want your teacher to think you are either. You'll feel a lot better telling them as well!
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ha I love your sig ^

as for OP your teacher had no right to speak to you like that. I would let them know that they were out of order, and I hope they realise when they've seen how much work you've done.
m i l o
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squeak)
Ha I love your sig ^

as for OP your teacher had no right to speak to you like that. I would let them know that they were out of order, and I hope they realise when they've seen how much work you've done.
Ha, thanks!

Yes, I agree with you. If you don't let them know you'll be known as the "lazy person" they think you are now. They should appreciate what your saying anyway because of the way you feel!
xximstrongerthanthatxx
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yeah..I do feel a right wally though for thinking it didnt mean we didnt have to go to registration in the class, and not even telling her. I'm just a really independant worker and when let out free i really do become a recluse lol

Theres like 3 chavs outside my house on little mopeds thinking they're well hard...
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just ignore it. I wouldn't try and explain yourself too much, if you're going to say anything about the rudeness, I would say (although I don't know how easy this would be for you) "bla bla bla...not lazy ect...but you know, I would appreciate it if you too more of a civil attitude towards me," and be very direct letting her know that she's not being fair.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads