The Student Room Group

Is 4 months enough time to study for a level?

Yes.
I hope so lol started yesterday
Original post by finobi-wan
Yes.

Could you still get an A/A* in that time?
Original post by alevelstudentttt
Could you still get an A/A* in that time?

It depends on what level you're currently at, how much you like the subject, and how good you are at it inherently.

I went from a B in AS maths to an A* in A-Level and by starting to intensively study 2-3 months before my exams. Every day possible, from the afternoon till the evening I would complete past papers and read up on the topics I didn't understand after marking, then trying only exam questions relating specifically to the topics I struggled on until I could complete the entire paper with >90%.

I think the key was the enjoyment of feeling like I was progressing, as well as the routine of studying every day using a regular process.
Original post by finobi-wan
It depends on what level you're currently at, how much you like the subject, and how good you are at it inherently.

I went from a B in AS maths to an A* in A-Level and by starting to intensively study 2-3 months before my exams. Every day possible, from the afternoon till the evening I would complete past papers and read up on the topics I didn't understand after marking, then trying only exam questions relating specifically to the topics I struggled on until I could complete the entire paper with >90%.

I think the key was the enjoyment of feeling like I was progressing, as well as the routine of studying every day using a regular process.

OK. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest