Cromulent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So what is everyone's opinions on Sheffield for CS? I'm interested in their Computer Science with Foundation Year course shown here http://www.shef.ac.uk/prospectus/cou...?id=3354362008 but I am not sure how good it is as a Uni.

From looking at the Times university guide it looks like a good Uni and certainly scores well. I am just a bit concerned as I really didn't enjoy the last University I went too (Winchester) as I found it far too "hippyish" for my liking. Basically I want somewhere which has an intellectual feel to the place but the students are still up for a really good time. Not sure if that makes sense.

Is Sheffield the kind of University I am looking for?
Miss_Rachel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most Definatley!!

I do CompSci, but I didn't do it with the foundation year. The course is great, a perfect mix between practical and theoretical, and we arn't all geeks either!
When you're walking round, you can tell that it's all intellectual, but damn, do we like to party Theres a CompSci society and we have bar crawls and events where we all go get drunk basically.

I'm very very glad I chose to come to Sheffield to do CompSci, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me
Cromulent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Rachel)
Most Definatley!!

I do CompSci, but I didn't do it with the foundation year. The course is great, a perfect mix between practical and theoretical, and we arn't all geeks either!
When you're walking round, you can tell that it's all intellectual, but damn, do we like to party Theres a CompSci society and we have bar crawls and events where we all go get drunk basically.

I'm very very glad I chose to come to Sheffield to do CompSci, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me
Thank you for that it was very helpful. I may end up sending you a PM in the next day or two with a couple of questions .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads