The Student Room Group

Query regarding student loan

Hi,

I need guidance regarding the student loan and bursaries. I have done Masters in Computer Sciences from Pakistan. I moved to the UK 2 months ago on a spouse visa and my visa status is Leave to Enter. I want to join teaching line in the UK.

My question is:

Can I apply for any scholarship or student loan? Also if possible then please advice me that which route I should follow for a teaching career?

Thank you
Original post by anam_16
Hi,

I need guidance regarding the student loan and bursaries. I have done Masters in Computer Sciences from Pakistan. I moved to the UK 2 months ago on a spouse visa and my visa status is Leave to Enter. I want to join teaching line in the UK.

My question is:

Can I apply for any scholarship or student loan? Also if possible then please advice me that which route I should follow for a teaching career?

Thank you

Hi anam,

A PGCE is an exception course, so even though you hold a higher qualification, as long as you do not already hold Qualified Teacher Status QTS and meet the other eligibility criteria you can apply for support.

To be eligible you should hold either Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) status and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course

or

have Long Residence in the UK, if you don't hold ILR or ILE.

If you are aged 18 years of age or above that means you must have have lived in the UK for at least half your life or at least 20 years.

With regards scholarships and bursaries, you would need to speak to your provider.

Regards Rona
Reply 2
Thank you so much Rona for your reply :-)

Quick Reply