The Student Room Group

Mobile Border Force 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OnceUponAStudent
If you applied in the external campaign where the deadline of application was mid-December, and you still haven't heard back whether you have an interview or not, I would suggest you fell in the "we may place your application on hold if you pass the sift yet are not in the top socring applications" category since the scheduled timeline for interview was last week and this week.

First email before Christmas said top scoring candidate ,then sift , interview
Hello,

I'm an external candidate and had my interview for London-based last week. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone in the same boat who's heard back yet?
Reply 22
Anyone here that already in civil service, would you wear your uniform ( shirt, tie etc) to interview or is it better to go in normal interview clothes?
Original post by zoya25
hi sam

i have my interview this week for heathrow based. was in interview just competency based and an case study??

good luck, i hope you get the job :smile:

Yes, it was just as described - scenario on the first 2 competencies, then interview for the other 3.

Personally, I felt it was fairly informal considering it's for Home Office post. I've had interviews for NI Civil Service (used to be in NICS), and the interviewers came across as robots!

One thing I hadn't picked up, although it's in all the info (which I read after the interview lol!) is that you can take your notes in with you. I don't know if it would have been helpful or a distraction for me though!

Sam
Original post by Blueeye
Anyone here that already in civil service, would you wear your uniform ( shirt, tie etc) to interview or is it better to go in normal interview clothes?

I don't think it should make any difference either way - you can only be scored on your answers.

If it was me, I would go in normal interview clothes though :-) unless my uniform was really comfortable!

Sam
Reply 25
Original post by samanthani
I don't think it should make any difference either way - you can only be scored on your answers.

If it was me, I would go in normal interview clothes though :-) unless my uniform was really comfortable!

Sam

Thank you so much Sam
Reply 26
Original post by OnceUponAStudent
First choice Heathrow. Interview tomorrow.... :eek:

hi how did your interview go?

fingers cross
Original post by Blueeye

The interviewer from Border Force was in uniform. Personally if I were you, I'll go in normal clothes. I'd only wear uniform if I were interviewing for a promotion within my own organisation.

Original post by zoya25
hi how did your interview go?

Honestly no idea. Didn't go disasterly wrong but like people coming out of an exam and going through each question "should I had said that instead, or not had said that?".

Boy, the time for reading through the scenario and making notes sounds like a long time but does it go quick! I started to mumble a couple of times through nerves and probably was speaking too quickly in other parts. :/

Original post by samanthani
One thing I hadn't picked up, although it's in all the info (which I read after the interview lol!) is that you can take your notes in with you. I don't know if it would have been helpful or a distraction for me though!

I did prepare and take note with me based on comments here saying you can. Still can't believe I was able to refer to notes despite having gone through and done it. I asked the HR person before I went in, and checked again once I got into the interview itself. :biggrin: Though the only bit they asked me to expand on in my competency ended up being something I didn't have in my notes so I'm not sure how much it helped!
Reply 28
Applied for Portsmouth, interview seemed to go well. I had an interview with BF a couple of weeks before which I was unsuccessful for, so getting that feedback was good so I could refresh my scenarios
Good luck all.. I’m still awaiting interview results from 20th December 😩. I’m an internal candidate applying for Glasgow 😊
Original post by kathleenk6
Good luck all.. I’m still awaiting interview results from 20th December 😩. I’m an internal candidate applying for Glasgow 😊

Gotta be be this week, surely?
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Gotta be be this week, surely?
Tomorrow it’s a month since I had interview so hoping it will be this week, fingers crossed!
Reply 32
I’ve just had confirmation that I performed well at interview last week, but they can’t tell me if I’ve got a post or if I’m on reserve until 9th Feb.
Original post by Fac51
I’ve just had confirmation that I performed well at interview last week, but they can’t tell me if I’ve got a post or if I’m on reserve until 9th Feb.

Where are you applying for? How did you find out you did well?
Original post by Fac51

That's a bit strange, lol. How did they communicate that to you? First I heard back was a provisional offer (internal)
Had exactly the same email, applied for Folkestone. Looks like we are on a reserve list at least I guess, but it would be nice to know for certain
Original post by Jamsarnie
Had exactly the same email, applied for Folkestone. Looks like we are on a reserve list at least I guess, but it would be nice to know for certain

Did you have your interview in London Bridge? If so, when?
Mine was in Folkestone on the 9th.
I’m beginning to think I have slipped through the net!
Reply 39
Janice and OCR

Mobile Border Force Officer at Portsmouth. The email was sent this morning.

I’m guessing it’s because they have interviews running until the end of the month. So they know I’ve met the criteria but depending on how others do will determine if I’m appointed straight away or on reserve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending