Fac51
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
Did you apply externally for the Mobile Border Force role? I get the impression from interview that the Mobile role may be for a couple of years while they get over the whole Brexit fallout and we might be used to backfill natural wastage at permanent locations after that. I don't think anyone is too sure what we'll end up doing to be honest, they can't even definitively state shifts or Rita's they intend to put us on, lol.
The candidate information pack for mobile says that mobile initially and then from 2020 would likely be at base location
Fac51
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there’s going to be a lot of suck it and see going on, hence the emphasis of being flexible in the info pack.
MurphysLaw2471
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Fac51)
I think there’s going to be a lot of suck it and see going on, hence the emphasis of being flexible in the info pack.
More flexibility = higher rate AHW

Return to base locations could mean a substantial drop in wages post 2020? Something we all should just be prepared for......
LM17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello everyone, I had my Interview on 19 December (applying Internally) - Mobile Folkestone post. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Janice111
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LM17)
Hello everyone, I had my Interview on 19 December (applying Internally) - Mobile Folkestone post. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Had internal interview for Same day and was made provisional offer 2 weeks ago. I doubt I'll get a date until they have enough people nationwide through getting/pre employment checks to put through centralised training together.
LM17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Janice111)
Had internal interview for Same day and was made provisional offer 2 weeks ago. I doubt I'll get a date until they have enough people nationwide through getting/pre employment checks to put through centralised training together.
Did you get an email in regards of the offer/outcome? I always check my inbox and CS account it still stuck on interview slot
Janice111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LM17)
Did you get an email in regards of the offer/outcome? I always check my inbox and CS account it still stuck on interview slot
Yes, got email to private email address and into CS Portal
Fac51
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
More flexibility = higher rate AHW

Return to base locations could mean a substantial drop in wages post 2020? Something we all should just be prepared for......
Have you had notification of AHW yet?
Cherrg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has any external candidates been told they are suscessful yet? How long do they usually take to let you know after interview?
Janice111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fac51)
going by what was in the application pack (UP to 49%)
MurphysLaw2471
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fac51)
No notification but the recruitment pack did specifying up to 49%, so fingers crossed. I'm absolutely hanging out here, waiting for a definitive start date...........
MurphysLaw2471
Rep:
?
Has anyone else other than Belfast been informed of provisional offers yet?
kathleenk6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All internal candidates found out on Friday.
zoya25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cherrg)
Has any external candidates been told they are suscessful yet? How long do they usually take to let you know after interview?
HI

i had my interview on the 18th jan i found out yesterday that i was successful, however i will be told on or before the 9th Feb if I'm on the reserve list or not? BF are still contacting interviews.

i applied externally for heathrow.

good luck
Janice111
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zoya25)
HI

i had my interview on the 18th jan i found out yesterday that i was successful, however i will be told on or before the 9th Feb if I'm on the reserve list or not? BF are still contacting interviews.

i applied externally for

good luck
Surely that means that so far, you have met the minimum standard? And will find out next month whether you have a (successful) provisional offer or are being placed on the reserve list?
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Janice111)
Surely that means that so far, you have met the minimum standard? And will find out next month whether you have a (successful) provisional offer or are being placed on the reserve list?
I think it's probably a little less clear unless you are already a civil servant (or have been, or applied for CS jobs) previously. For CS,and some other public sector, jobs, you can "pass" the interview, but never get a job out of it, as the reserve list is never used.

In the private sector, generally, you either get the job or are rejected (IME).

I got the old performed well at interview email, and am now waiting with bated breath for 9th Feb!
Sweeney12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had external interview at Birmingham on 15th January ( with East Mids as base) for Mobile but haven’t heard anything even provisionally. Does that look like I haven’t made it?Thanks
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sweeney12)
I had external interview at Birmingham on 15th January ( with East Mids as base) for Mobile but haven’t heard anything even provisionally. Does that look like I haven’t made it?Thanks
Not necessarily. I think the different locations must be notifying at different times, possibly also depending on when your interview was. I had the "we'll let you know on 9th Feb" email about a week after my interview, and from what I've picked up from this forum, it was before some others got theirs.

They might have just not sent an email for your region/interview date yet.
Sweeney12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you
Sweeney12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just had the “performed well” but can’t tell you until the 9th e mail, a bit more waiting then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.84%
No (191)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed