The Student Room Group

Mobile Border Force 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fatblokexl
I was provisionally offered RTF for Edinburgh recently but the timescales for PRe Emp checks aren't given but they are short....very short.
My offer came on 15th aug and i was expecting info for checks soon after.
Email on 11th sept saying as pre emp werent concluded they could no longer offer the RTF but could offers static!

I accepted that new offer and pre emp forms/email came through thurs last week.

I completed these and sent them back.

Others have said it can be 2wks before these are done then the Security clearance info is given to you. Which can take time in itself to be concluded....then a formal offer is given to you....then training.
Some parts of the Pre Emp checks rely on your HR department completing some details.

Whilst i am HMRC employed i have doubts as to the speed they may take to their part.

Training for RTF was supposed to be 14wks but i dont know how long static training is. I only know its shorter.

The same happened to me, i was supposed to be RTF but SC took too long now im static and hve been told traning is 3weeks ? Big difference
14 wks only applies to RTF (mobile operatives)

I have emailed the lady who sent me my provisional offer and asked about it and also to confirm my security clearance level as I missed that part on my provisional offer letter in the haze of excitement 👀🙈
I was provisionally offered RTF for Edinburgh recently but the timescales for PRe Emp checks aren't given but they are short....very short.
My offer came on 15th aug and i was expecting info for checks soon after.
Email on 11th sept saying as pre emp werent concluded they could no longer offer the RTF but could offers static!

I accepted that new offer and pre emp forms/email came through thurs last week.

I completed these and sent them back.

Others have said it can be 2wks before these are done then the Security clearance info is given to you. Which can take time in itself to be concluded....then a formal offer is given to you....then training.
Some parts of the Pre Emp checks rely on your HR department completing some details.

Whilst i am HMRC employed i have doubts as to the speed they may take to their part.

Training for RTF was supposed to be 14wks but i dont know how long static training is. I only know its shorter.

So I will receive them in due course then I thought once you get an offer all these forms are attached with the email but obviously not lol I'm not in any hurry anyway as I will be relocating and need to find accommodation which will take time
Annualised working hours? How do they acc work....
Probably many more knowledgeable than me but essentially the more outside the standard 9 to 5 you work the bigger the percentage and it’s based on different elements such as weekend working, shift working etc. Percentage can be anything from 1 to 49% although for 1 I think you would essentially be office hours! Makes up quite a bit of the pay and is pensionable. Pretty important I would say as for the responsibilities the standard pay isn’t huge and progression within bond doesn’t really seem to happen now. Hope helps a bit
OMG - I applied for this last year, and was put on the reserve list. I'd totally given up all hope of hearing anything, particularly after the other local jobs were put on hold (Belfast).

Anyway, I got a phone call today asking if I'm still interested and to expect a letter in a couple of weeks!!

I'm trying not to get too excited (and certainly not handing in my notice anywhere), but feel as though there might be a bit of hope.....

Anyone else for Belfast get a phone call today?

Sam
Original post by samanthani
OMG - I applied for this last year, and was put on the reserve list. I'd totally given up all hope of hearing anything, particularly after the other local jobs were put on hold (Belfast).

Anyway, I got a phone call today asking if I'm still interested and to expect a letter in a couple of weeks!!

I'm trying not to get too excited (and certainly not handing in my notice anywhere), but feel as though there might be a bit of hope.....

Sam

Check your PMs

Sam

Lets hope they get the pre employment checks done very quick or you may find the offer for mobile is rescinded and static is offered instead. Its happened to me and someone else here.

Best of luck though

Sam

Sent you a pm

Sam

Same happened to me a few weeks ago! Except I didn’t receive a phone call mine came in the form of an email.

I am still waiting on being sent the forms for the security checks and next steps but I am so happy that I got it!

Mine is a static post though not mobile
Original post by Deedee90
Same happened to me a few weeks ago! Except I didn’t receive a phone call mine came in the form of an email.

I am still waiting on being sent the forms for the security checks and next steps but I am so happy that I got it!

Mine's a mobile post, but not the same as the one I applied for. I think the phone call was to check I was still interested, so hopefully a letter or email will follow soon!
Lets hope they get the pre employment checks done very quick or you may find the offer for mobile is rescinded and static is offered instead. Its happened to me and someone else here.

Best of luck though

TBH, I'm not holding out hope until I actually get something more concrete, the ways these recruitments have gone! Hopefully get somewhere with it though.
Original post by Deedee90

Me too haven't received any paperwork as yet to complete only the PST Dec form
Anyone heard anything lately about security checks 🙄
Reply 1294
Mine took around 6 weeks to complete, got my start date today about a month after completion. Nothing happens fast!
I graduate on Friday and am really looking forward to leaving this hotel and get to port. Hows mentoring been for people who have finished already?
If I pass (!) I will graduate 3 weeks on Friday and have exactly the same feelings about leaving the hotel and starting work. Would also be interested to know about mentoring
Original post by Sweeney12
If I pass (!) I will graduate 3 weeks on Friday and have exactly the same feelings about leaving the hotel and starting work. Would also be interested to know about mentoring

If you pass????

Tough is it?
It is challenging and I would never take it for granted that I’ll pass but I would hope to!
Original post by Sweeney12
It is challenging and I would never take it for granted that I’ll pass but I would hope to!

What are the hotels like? Travelodge type thing? Do you have the same room each week or does it change? What is the deal with weekend leave? Is it covered by HO or do you have to arrange it yourself...or are you ALLOWED weekend leave lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending