ssmyth574
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey

I do chemistry biology geography and food and nutrition science (formerly called home economics) for A level with ccea

I got 8a*s and 1a at gcse and I’m smart especially bookwise however I know myself I’m not oxford or Cambridge level and I’m not sure my CAT test result will be fantastic as I’m not keen on maths

I really want to study medicine in London, I know it’s expensive but it’s a personal choice and I really think the city suits my personality plus I have family there. I’m wondering where I should apply / where I have highest chances of getting in? I know I’m capable of getting 3A’s at A level if I work hard and I’d say I’ll get AAAB at AS. I haven’t written a personal statement or anything to do with UCAS yet but I do need to make my 4 uni choices soon. I’m thinking of maybe applying for one in Manchester just as a back up if I’m more likely to get in there if it’s less competitive.

Please if anyone knows is it extra hard to get into London as it probably has more applications ? Is it worth me putting 3 choices down? At the end of the day I know I need to get the grades but I need to ensure I get offers so if anyone knows where I’m most likely to get in to London to study medicine please let me know! Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ssmyth574)
Hey

I do chemistry biology geography and food and nutrition science (formerly called home economics) for A level with ccea

I got 8a*s and 1a at gcse and I’m smart especially bookwise however I know myself I’m not oxford or Cambridge level and I’m not sure my CAT test result will be fantastic as I’m not keen on maths

I really want to study medicine in London, I know it’s expensive but it’s a personal choice and I really think the city suits my personality plus I have family there. I’m wondering where I should apply / where I have highest chances of getting in? I know I’m capable of getting 3A’s at A level if I work hard and I’d say I’ll get AAAB at AS. I haven’t written a personal statement or anything to do with UCAS yet but I do need to make my 4 uni choices soon. I’m thinking of maybe applying for one in Manchester just as a back up if I’m more likely to get in there if it’s less competitive.

Please if anyone knows is it extra hard to get into London as it probably has more applications ? Is it worth me putting 3 choices down? At the end of the day I know I need to get the grades but I need to ensure I get offers so if anyone knows where I’m most likely to get in to London to study medicine please let me know! Thank you
There are only 5 to research. they all have a different profile so you will need to find where the emphasis and how it matches what you can provide i.e UKCAT, GCSEs, A levels, Extra currics etc.

Although they get more applicants they also have higher intakes. There are other places just as competitive.

If you are going to apply for three, then you just need to eliminate two.Notwithstanding whether your profile matches, then it would appear th two with the lowest success ratio are Kings and then Imperial, which leaves you with Barts. UCL and St Georges. Manchester isnt much less competitive, but has a larger intake.

Will shuffle off for some medics....
ssmyth574
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
18.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (35)
30.17%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
18.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise