rhysslater200
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Guys

Im currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology and i am in Year 12. My targets are AAA. I have interests in Financial and Medical careers and im looking for some advice on a range of courses which may appeal to me. thanks in adv
RhynieChert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you know you aren't interested in doing medicine itself and want to keep your options more broad, but still find it interesting I'd recommend biomedical sciences, or biochemistry if you want something even more broad. on the other hand if you want a career as a in medicine then medicine itself or dentistry are both great courses and careers. I don't know much about finance but with a degree from a good uni in a subject such as biomed shouldn't close that door off to you if you wanted to pursue a career in finance after uni, or you could take an economics or accounting course if you'd be interested in studying it so intensely
username853993
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rhysslater200)
Hi Guys

Im currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology and i am in Year 12. My targets are AAA. I have interests in Financial and Medical careers and im looking for some advice on a range of courses which may appeal to me. thanks in adv
If you want to do something in the medical field you need to decide what it is, ie being a doctor, nurse, clinical scientist etc etc

If you want to work in finance you just need a degree, doesnt matter what subject but if you want to do into IB then you need to go to a target uni

A note on what the other poster said - most people who get a biomed degree (or similar) never actually get to work in the medical field due to low amount of training places but a massive amount of applicants so dont take biomed with the intention of 100% staying in the medical field
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise