The Student Room Group

Which universities can I be looking at with these GCSE grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nurani61105
What course are you thinking of doing or which A levels?

I'm doing psychology, sociology and biology at A-Level.

I'm considering doing psychology or criminology at uni though, but I haven't entirely looked into it yet.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!
Original post by Traore
I'm doing psychology, sociology and biology at A-Level.

I'm considering doing psychology or criminology at uni though, but I haven't entirely looked into it yet.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

If your A-levels are good enough you should be fine. However, if you're applying for Psychology watch out for unis which want at least an A/7 in GCSE Maths eg Bath or Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by ageshallnot
If your A-levels are good enough you should be fine. However, if you're applying for Psychology watch out for unis which want at least an A/7 in GCSE Maths eg Bath or Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Maths isn't a strong point of mine.
Original post by Traore
Thanks! Maths isn't a strong point of mine.

Maths in Psychology is largely a matter of statistical analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Ohh puhlzz. I got even terrible GCSEs and hold 5 Russell group uni offers. GCSEs only matter for medicine/vet sci/dentistry or maybe Oxbridge, other than that, all you need is English/Maths at grade C

This isn't strictly true. I've applied to 5 Russell group uni's too and all of them except one demand a 6 at GCSE for Maths at the very least, if not 7s. Although bizarrely, Nottingham dropped their GCSE Maths requirement for me. I'd like to think it was because my personal statement and experience are so good, but I suspect that since I'm a mature student it's more likely they've had to offer to me in order to fulfil their quota of old people.
Reply 25
Original post by ageshallnot
Maths in Psychology is largely a matter of statistical analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this stuff should be fine!
Reply 26
Original post by humanteaparty
interestingly my friend actually got an offer from oxford for AAA history when his GCSEs were
1 A*
4 As
3 Bs
2 Cs
and his predicted grades were either A*AA or AAA. So it still is possible (we goto an outstanding school so it wasnt contextual either).

How did he do that? He have a lot of extra stuff?
Reply 27
Original post by timif2
How did he do that? He have a lot of extra stuff?

He probably did very well in the HAT and performed very well at interview. I daresay he also had good year 12 grades and a strong teacher reference which convinced the admissions tutors that he had a good chance of meeting his predicted grades at A-level.
Reply 28
Original post by humanteaparty
This right here is BS, other than oxbridge gcses dont matter, you can apply to any russel group as long as ur a2s are good

Couldn’t agree more. Total ********!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending