The Student Room Group

London Modelling agencies scam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone been to Camden Photography Studio? Ive got an appointment there through the website model bookings online Is this a scam?
This is a scam. Do not attend. I have paid them £1,500 and have not received anything from them. I attended the Aldgate studio.
Original post by Maurits
Has anyone been to Camden Photography Studio? Ive got an appointment there through the website model bookings online Is this a scam?
Model bookings is a scam, Look at all the previous posts regarding this
Original post by Maurits
Please DO NOT pay anything up front to any modelling agency.
If they are a reputable company they WILL NOT require any up front fees.

I answered an ad that was emailed to me last year from a firm asking for models and ended up doing some shoots with them. They paid me on the day, but it was very amateurish with no signs of it being a career move.
(edited 4 years ago)
are uk models real😫😫 they’re not an agency but they take pictures and make portfolios
As long as they don't want fees up front it doesn't matter does it?
Reply 66
Original post by Maurits

Yes, I have and they are liars and frauds.

They (fake companies) would ask you to come to their photoshoot like an appointment and would ask for money like £99 (minimum) to pay for “fees”, “pictures” and “portfolio”. You never ever pay for these this as a beginner model in legitimate companies.

Do not pay in or you would have to get to card company for frauding.
Reply 67
Original post by hallykkx
are uk models real😫😫 they’re not an agency but they take pictures and make portfolios

No, they are not.

They (fake companies) would ask you to come to their photoshoot like an appointment and would ask for money like £99 (minimum) to pay for “fees”, “pictures” and “portfolio”. You never ever pay for these this as a beginner model in legitimate companies.

No do not attend.
Original post by Maurits

If it’s in 57 Camden road, I was there with my daughter scam dodgy people Greg will ask money, I font recommend that,
This is a scam.
Does anyone know about about a modelling agency in Bateman Street =, Soho
Has anyone hear of Ga11ery it’s apparently based on London said I had to pay a £50 deposit but would get this refunded back to me when I arrive and they are suppose to send me stuff through the post within the next 3 days do you think I’ve been scammed
My daughter responded to an sponsored post (=advert) on Facebook and she's had phone calls with someone called Ryan from Spark Models. Again, it's the whole refundable £50 up front crap. Watch out.
If no one has mentioned already, No legitimate company asks for an upfront feee for anything.
If they do ask for an upfront fee,Walk away as all they are doing is making a quick buck.

Real companies as I have mentioned before, they don't ask for upfront fee's as it is their priviledge of show casing their company and subsequently hope to recruit a new model if the person in question is happy to join.

Real companies take the hit for any costs as they can pass the cost onto whatever company they are going to be workign with.

So basically, portfolio cost shouldn't be ask for by a company .
No girl, u listened to ur intuition and that’s all that matters
Original post by John?Henry
Does anyone know about about a modelling agency in Bateman Street =, Soho

I would like to know aswell as I have paid more than £300
Oof
I am guessing everyone scrolls through the threads without reading them.NO LEGITIMATE COMPANY ASK'S FOR AN UP FRONT FEE.The amount of people who have posted on here and then contacted me for my advice has been reassuring.It costs nothing to model for a company, The company take's the initial hit for start up costs as they can integrate the cost in to the shoots for the model.
Hello, I’m going for a shoot next week with polo models, they have also asked for a £50 refundable deposit, is there any information that you can give me
I think the way they get away with it is. Officially you are not paying the agency (company A). You will be paying the Studio (company B) Two scams are in play here. One the studio (company B) taking the pictures the second is the so called Agency (company A) that claims to want to represent you.Both companies are one in the same just under two different company names and with different employees and differently named company directors (but all connected and in the con together). I would like to think that their staff are unaware they are coning people, sadly often this isn't the case. As most are extremely pushy and heartless. How it works. You are sold a lie to start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending