Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am the only one out of my friends that is attending a different college. I'm in my second year and lately iv noticed that my friends and I are sort of drifting apart we barely talk and hangout anymore. Some times we have petty arguments with each other. I have made friends in college which was a struggle I'm really shy and find it hard to talk to people but once I get comfortable with people I'm really chill it just takes me long to become comfortable. I want to make new friends outside of college but I don't know how to. Does anyone have any advise? Thank you x
Abriella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
I relate to so much of what you've said here! It can really hurt to see some distance develop between friendships. I think that - seeing as college is so different to high school - you can expect that friendships in general take a bit of a hit seeing as people move to different colleges. That is understandable, and petty arguments may be an outlet for this distance, so don't worry too much about that. You're in college! There is such a variety of different people at college, and I relate to you in terms of being a bit shy in the beginning. I recommend that you hang out in areas where you are already comfortable (whether that's a library, a coffee shop, a park, a club etc) and try to network from there. Ask for a phone number from a classmate to double-check work, because it is an opportunity to speak over the phone and it may feel a little bit less uncomfortable. If you enjoy parties, attend those where students outside college go. Perhaps consider a part-time job at a coffee shop or something similar, and you will almost certainly make friends with the people you work with!

Hope this helps! Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads