The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Northampton Primary Education interview

Hey guys,

So I have an interview for a Primary Education course at Northampton on the 17th of January and I'm still struggling with the presentation!

I know that I'm going to base it on English, but I was wondering if you have to speak for the entire time when you teach it, or if you can give out handouts for the people to complete? Also, did anyone use cue cards as prompts?

Thank you :smile:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Northampton
Visit website
Hi Emma! I’ve got an offer from Northampton for Primary Ed for September 18! The girls in my group and myself all printed out some worksheets, introduced the topics we were teaching and talked through the worksheet. It was a good interview and I found the staff very friendly. Feel free to message me if there’s anything I can help with!
Also - I think we all had a page each with some key points on it. Good tip would be to print a copy of the worksheet for the interviewer as well, and remember your lesson plan :smile:
Thanks for your help @Saoirsedoherty, really helpful advice. :smile:
Original post by Saoirsedoherty
Hi Emma! I’ve got an offer from Northampton for Primary Ed for September 18! The girls in my group and myself all printed out some worksheets, introduced the topics we were teaching and talked through the worksheet. It was a good interview and I found the staff very friendly. Feel free to message me if there’s anything I can help with!

Thank you that is really helpful! I was just a little bit nervous that they would expect me to remember everything I wanted to say for the discussion and presentation.

I've decided to play a game of charades for a couple of minutes and then talk about a pairs game (It seems a bit packed but I'm hoping that they won't mind too much)
No tests guys! I was so excited lol. For the BA Primary we had the group task, and a small individual interview with two interviewers. Definitely my best interview experience out of my 5 interviews, and everyone was so friendly:smile: Try not to panic too much Emma, it can be nerve wrecking but they make the day run as smoothly as possible! Good luck to both of you and let me know how you get on! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey!

Just thought I'd thank you again for all of your help with the prep for the interview. I think that the teaching task went well, I found it difficult to answer one question for the interview but apart from that it was good. Just waiting for UCAS now :smile:
Fingers crossed emma!
Hi how long was it between having your interview and getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest