The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope sixth formers are definitely not mature, same with people at uni.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Nope sixth formers are definitely not mature, same with people at uni.

Well...
it'll either be immature or snobbish
you sound a bit arrogant ngl bro
Reply 5
Not even a little bit. Schools try to make out like going into sixth forms means you're suddenly an adult, but I think I pissed around more in sixth form than any other year at school.

And now I'm a uni.... I'm even more immature. I think I'm going backwards.
Original post by Oneiropólos
Well...

Obviously some people are mature, however in my experience not very many.
I’m going to sixth form next year and since my school is full of hooligans that think slang is proper English I started contemplating whether sixth form would be different.

Or is that at uni lol?

All input is appreciated.
Even harsh ones from hooligans

You get more immature as you get older
To be honest, I would consider myself more mature than the typical 18/19 year old... and I dropped out of Sixth form!
I’m going to sixth form next year and since my school is full of hooligans that think slang is proper English I started contemplating whether sixth form would be different.

Or is that at uni lol?

In sixth form everyone is dead inside. Some hooligans remain but most drop out in the first few months. Everyone is too tired and done to actually talk to each other. It’s great.

On the subject of maturity tho, today I had to get my mum to open a can for me. I’m 18. So maybe not.
Original post by Brumtown1
you sound a bit arrogant ngl bro

Sorry, I don’t mean to put out that vibe..

Or is that at uni lol?

It really depends on your school and also the people you are with. You will find everything in sixth form
AS is definitely not mature, it fathoms me how some people managed to get onto the 1st year of sixth form with their Half-arsed, poor work ethic, drunk filled life.
In the second year of sixth form, majority of the people who were just there for fun were kicked out in my school (due to getting below a D in the Mock exams), so this year is not as bad.
Lol I'm in year 13 and still feel as immature as me in Year 11.
Original post by Bulletzone
AS is definitely not mature, it fathoms me how some people managed to get onto the 1st year of sixth form with their Half-arsed, poor work ethic, drunk filled life.
In the second year of sixth form, majority of the people who were just there for fun were kicked out in my school (due to getting below a D in the Mock exams), so this year is not as bad.

Good to know that A2 acts as a filter to the good and bad
Sorry, I don’t mean to put out that vibe..

nah no need to apologize i dont take offense from it just thats what i thought you were coming across as

Or is that at uni lol?

im in year 13 now, but from my experience the y12 boys are really rowdy, the girls are definitley more mature in comparison.

year 13 is when everything changed, id say about 75% of my year are very mature, at least in a school environment
Reply 17

Or is that at uni lol?

I feel that people can do a lot of maturing after GCSEs seeing how their results may have been impacted by their behaviour. However, you are going to get immature people no matter where you go, even at uni like others have said. I wouldn’t think too hard about it.
hooligans? wat u tryna say, that im one too? :biggrin::biggrin:
The thing is even tho ppl use slang, their english is actually still good, no point assuming wat ppl are like, just bcuz of the way they speak
I’m in my last year at sixth form now, my high school had a lot of ‘hooligans’ and I was worried sixth form would be the same, but it’s not I’ve found people actually want to do well at college becuase it’s subjects they’ve chosen to do

Latest