Are sixth formers mature?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m going to sixth form next year and since my school is full of hooligans that think slang is proper English I started contemplating whether sixth form would be different.

Or is that at uni lol?

All input is appreciated.
Even harsh ones from hooligans
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Nope sixth formers are definitely not mature, same with people at uni.
username3444162
Rep:
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Nope sixth formers are definitely not mature, same with people at uni.
Well...
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
it'll either be immature or snobbish
Brumtown1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
you sound a bit arrogant ngl bro
Rigel
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not even a little bit. Schools try to make out like going into sixth forms means you're suddenly an adult, but I think I pissed around more in sixth form than any other year at school.

And now I'm a uni.... I'm even more immature. I think I'm going backwards.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Well...
Obviously some people are mature, however in my experience not very many.
username1292215
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I’m going to sixth form next year and since my school is full of hooligans that think slang is proper English I started contemplating whether sixth form would be different.

Or is that at uni lol?

You get more immature as you get older
Corsalad99
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
To be honest, I would consider myself more mature than the typical 18/19 year old... and I dropped out of Sixth form!
username2864374
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Or is that at uni lol?

In sixth form everyone is dead inside. Some hooligans remain but most drop out in the first few months. Everyone is too tired and done to actually talk to each other. It’s great.

On the subject of maturity tho, today I had to get my mum to open a can for me. I’m 18. So maybe not.
username3444162
Rep:
(Original post by Brumtown1)
you sound a bit arrogant ngl bro
Sorry, I don’t mean to put out that vibe..
username3093384
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Or is that at uni lol?

It really depends on your school and also the people you are with. You will find everything in sixth form
Bulletzone
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
AS is definitely not mature, it fathoms me how some people managed to get onto the 1st year of sixth form with their Half-arsed, poor work ethic, drunk filled life.
In the second year of sixth form, majority of the people who were just there for fun were kicked out in my school (due to getting below a D in the Mock exams), so this year is not as bad.
Texxers
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Lol I'm in year 13 and still feel as immature as me in Year 11.
username3444162
Rep:
(Original post by Bulletzone)
AS is definitely not mature, it fathoms me how some people managed to get onto the 1st year of sixth form with their Half-arsed, poor work ethic, drunk filled life.
In the second year of sixth form, majority of the people who were just there for fun were kicked out in my school (due to getting below a D in the Mock exams), so this year is not as bad.
Good to know that A2 acts as a filter to the good and bad
Brumtown1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sorry, I don’t mean to put out that vibe..
nah no need to apologize i dont take offense from it just thats what i thought you were coming across as
alicewonderland2
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Or is that at uni lol?

im in year 13 now, but from my experience the y12 boys are really rowdy, the girls are definitley more mature in comparison.

year 13 is when everything changed, id say about 75% of my year are very mature, at least in a school environment
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Or is that at uni lol?

I feel that people can do a lot of maturing after GCSEs seeing how their results may have been impacted by their behaviour. However, you are going to get immature people no matter where you go, even at uni like others have said. I wouldn’t think too hard about it.
Leslie Knope
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
hooligans? wat u tryna say, that im one too?
The thing is even tho ppl use slang, their english is actually still good, no point assuming wat ppl are like, just bcuz of the way they speak
Hannahsiobhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I’m in my last year at sixth form now, my high school had a lot of ‘hooligans’ and I was worried sixth form would be the same, but it’s not I’ve found people actually want to do well at college becuase it’s subjects they’ve chosen to do
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads