That's it I've had ENOUGH!!! Watch

blondevalkyrie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
This wasnt supposed to be a gap year, but the course wasnt for me so left uni and have just worked since and am utterly fed up to be honest. I miss studying so much, but am so worried about starting again in september because i feel so un-motivated. AARRRGGGGHHHH just needed to rant really :tsr2:
panda-size
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I understand, I've applied to uni for Economics and now I'm not sure it is the course for me, maybe PPE is better?
TSR doesn't allow you to spam but can't do anything if we create a threat just for spamming.

Do you need to re-apply through UCAS extra or just go back to the uni you were in and do a different course?

Just see it as an opportunity to earn some money. Good luck!
blondevalkyrie
Rep:
?
I've got in unconditionally so have got nothing to worry application wise thankfully
xxxchrisxxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you've got in where unconditionally
v2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am in exactly the same situation. Dropped out at end of October and have worked for 3 months. Decided I've had enough and am going to quit my job after only working for 3 months. Made about 2 k which should help me out a bit at uni. Going to go abroad and live with a family member for a few months and spend the rest of my summer vacation here
suek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dropped out three years ago and I've been working full time since in a job that completely turns my brain to mush and stresses me out big time at the same time... 8 months to go... 8 months to go....
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fight the power, rant, rave, kill! Have fun!

*whips out the glowsticks and raves*

Weeee, sorry, where were we?
v2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow suek, how did you manage working for 3 years! I worked for 3 months and gave up, and my job involves sitting on front of a computer!
suek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Because I have nothing else to do and for the few things that are challenging and fun, they are well worth putting on the ol' CV etc. It's worked well for me, I guess, since I got offers from all the unis I've applied to Quitting now (it's crossed my mind, there's only so many times I can make tea when I don't even drink the stuff) would mean hassle of finding a new short-term job, too, as I do need money.

But I've got a taste of it now.. what it can be like in the world.. actually liking your job and doing something meaningful, I can't wait to get out there and do it.
blondevalkyrie
Rep:
?
ok well today i discovered that wolves uni are starting a history course like on monday the enrolment course is, what to do what to do suek you are incredible sticking out your job for so long, v2006 im so glad im not alone and your in a similar situation like me, although am v jealous your going abroad
v2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What have you been working as suek?
suek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I work in an independent computer shop, which means I do everything from handle the accounts and customer repair tags etc to being involved in repairs both in the workshop and on-site (this is the part that I enjoy the most, and that 'looks' the best, along with generally serving customers who often don't have the first clue about computers), so a lot of networking and troubleshooting.

I also make the tea and the lunch and don't get a break to go out and about as we eat here :P

I've gained a lot of skills here definitely, and there are good days, but the majority are mind-numbing. Not to mention computer retail is depressing and even repair work is drying up due to the prices coming down so much. Mostly it's all cleaning up people's viruses.
Elfin Doll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blondevalkyrie)
This wasnt supposed to be a gap year, but the course wasnt for me so left uni and have just worked since and am utterly fed up to be honest. I miss studying so much, but am so worried about starting again in september because i feel so un-motivated. AARRRGGGGHHHH just needed to rant really :tsr2:
:knuddel:

If you can't rant here where can you rant?????

Hope it gets better for you.
suek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
blondevalkyrie - don't rush into anything! September isn't that far away if whatever you are doing then is what you've got your heart set on.
blondevalkyrie
Rep:
?
I know i shouldn't rush but im going crazy at home, working is just so unproductive
suek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are there any short evening courses you could do to keep you occupied? Maybe Open Uni modules, anything like that?

My local adult college has some evening courses which start in Spring which are just short things, nothing like A Levels or anything but, just something to do.
blondevalkyrie
Rep:
?
i'm did consider the open uni, but missed the deadline now
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by v2006)
Wow suek, how did you manage working for 3 years! I worked for 3 months and gave up, and my job involves sitting on front of a computer!
Thats my job right now (i'm actually at work as we speak!). Bloody boring but that's life for most of us. I will not mention howmany years i've had out :p:
v2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you have lse to look forward too... i have notts lmao
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Notts is cool. You sure can have a better lifestyle there on a students budget than London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
66.33%
No I haven't decided yet (20)
20.41%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads