Do you want a second referendum on brexit? Watch

ErinaNakiri78
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I personally, want a second referendum on brexit because when/ if the UK make it official that we left the EU, I think it will affect us for the worse more than people may think.
However, I wanted to see other people's opinions on this...
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can see the sense in having one before accepting the final deal because it might be crap.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, people should have a say when the full facts are known i.e. how bad the exit deal will be as opposed to being blindly lead down a path by the government with no popular mandate.
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. Both sides should have the bravado to put their money where there mouth is. If they lack that then they lack belief or faith in their argument.
Frowlands
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think we should get a full plan drawn up and then have a second referendum to vote whether the public would like that plan or to stay in the EU
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea sure let’s have a referendum on the deal, I’m sure the eu will give us the best deal they can for us to vote on.

That’s sarcasm
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As well as the strategic madness of a second referendum, I expect Leave would simply win again - possibly by a larger margin, and with even more divisiveness than before.

I'm frankly sick of referendums.
Karra888
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ErinaNakiri78)
I personally, want a second referendum on brexit because when/ if the UK make it official that we left the EU, I think it will affect us for the worse more than people may think.
However, I wanted to see other people's opinions on this...
The EU should not exist.
Anna1029
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People are forgetting that Brexit is happening because the majority of people wanted it to happen and voted accordingly... It’s like Trump’s victory - people should just accept that that’s what most people want
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to UK Politics.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anna1029)
People are forgetting that Brexit is happening because the majority of people wanted it to happen and voted accordingly... It’s like Trump’s victory - people should just accept that that’s what most people want
More people didnt vote for Brexit than did...
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
More people didnt vote for Brexit than did...
And who's fault was that
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
And who's fault was that
I'm not sure 'fault' is something you can really apply to what I said? Neither is it relevant to my point.
melliottme
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If there was another referendum and the remainders win do we have another and it's the best out of three?

If we don't like the next general election result should we have another again have the best out of three?
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
I'm not sure 'fault' is something you can really apply to what I said? Neither is it relevant to my point.
Well most of them chose not to vote. so using it as an argument for there needing to be a 2nd vote is pretty redundant
Know Your Enemy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally, no. I don't. That's my opinion.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Well most of them chose not to vote. so using it as an argument for there needing to be a 2nd vote is pretty redundant
Seeing as I didnt use that as an argument for a second referendum i'm not sure what your whining about? I simply told the other poster she was factually incorrect to say more people voted to leave.
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anna1029)
Not necessarily true, 1 million people regret their EU decision and this would be the difference between leave and remain
m-k1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think yes, referendums are expensive, the EU ref cost £142 million, but a counter-ref would still be worth it as its such a revolutionary act. Plus I’m sure the government can dig up £100 million if they could give £1 billion to the DUP
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, we can’t just call a referendum when we don’t like the outcome. We already look like pricks, if we went through all this just to be like “actually m8, think we’ll stay in the EU ta” and run off with our tail between our legs, we’ll be SUPER pricks.

We made a decision, we need to stick to it and focus on getting the best deal possible rather than being throwing our toys out the pram.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads