What to do if "friend" no longer trusts you and doesn't like you? Watch

lydiahulley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My friend recently had a go at me and got really cross that I had been '****ging her off' and that I had been lying to her for ages. I haven't and am not the type of person that would do that. She says that because of this she cannot and does not want to be friends with me because she can't trust me, despite the fact that I have apologised for ever saying anything that might have upset or annoyed her. A couple of years ago I became good friends with her best friend and I was talking to my other friend at school and was saying that I wondered whether she didn't like me because I had 'taken away' her best friend- which I didn't mean to do- we just have a lot in common. And they had been friends since they were about 4/5. I wondered whether she was jealous about us two which is why she didn't like me. Then the 'friend' which I told about this must've told her what I'd said and twisted what I'd said to make me look bad. It is really awkward because my friends are friends with her as well so if I want to hang around with them she has to be there too and it makes my friends feel awkward as they are stuck in the middle of all of this. What should I do? How do I try to become friends with her again? Should I just ignore her and wait for her to get over it?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lydiahulley)
My friend recently had a go at me and got really cross that I had been '****ging her off' and that I had been lying to her for ages. I haven't and am not the type of person that would do that. She says that because of this she cannot and does not want to be friends with me because she can't trust me, despite the fact that I have apologised for ever saying anything that might have upset or annoyed her. A couple of years ago I became good friends with her best friend and I was talking to my other friend at school and was saying that I wondered whether she didn't like me because I had 'taken away' her best friend- which I didn't mean to do- we just have a lot in common. And they had been friends since they were about 4/5. I wondered whether she was jealous about us two which is why she didn't like me. Then the 'friend' which I told about this must've told her what I'd said and twisted what I'd said to make me look bad. It is really awkward because my friends are friends with her as well so if I want to hang around with them she has to be there too and it makes my friends feel awkward as they are stuck in the middle of all of this. What should I do? How do I try to become friends with her again? Should I just ignore her and wait for her to get over it?
Just cut her off and move on?
RhynieChert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was in a really similar situation with my ex best mate a couple of months ago and I'll be honest, for me it really sucked and he never gave me a chance to believe me or trust me and I think in those situations it's best to focus on your other friends, and hopefully she'll come back to you once she's cooled off and thought it through. but yeah it's really tough when your best friend doesn't trust you and I'm sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads