The Student Room Group

Why would she ignore me?

Its long so please bare with me. i have a girl in college that i like ive never really spoke to her in person. But i thought it would be easy to speak via text to get things rolling. Everyone has each others number through a group chat. Shes pretty shy and normally is with her friends alot and rarely see her on her own so i figured its easier to initiate first over text.

Anyway ive text twice before this reponse im going to tell you and it seemed good she gave a few lines of replies so it didnt seem short or abrupt. She didnt seem disinterested at first. Then after our class had finished an assignment i asked her "hey howd you find the assignment?"

I didnt get a reply till 2h later. In the meantime after id text 2h later my friend had text Xs friend. So the girl i like is X and her friend is Y. My friend text Y. To make things clear my friend simply asked generally and doesnt like the other girl (Y). To which we both recieved the same reply at the same time saying exactly "ask (*name)". The name used was their third friend. So the girl i liked whos X and Xs friend Y replied saying ask their other friend who well called Z. This seemed to us like they were annoyed at for something?

I know it seems really dumb but i need some advice as to firstly why they responded like that. to which i responded "what do you mean?". And never got a response back. We arent "random" strangers were classmates and ive never said nor done anything to offened X so i was really confused and annoyed as to why i got such a weird reponse. And same with my mate. Me and my mate have both spoken to Y on occasion so it was even more weird that Y said ask Z. As weve been in classes and spoke before to Y.

What do you make of it all
(edited 6 years ago)
Bump just to get some replies
Hm, I don't think they got annoyed, probably it was just a joke, they were messing as you both sent the same text
Original post by pinksnowflake
Hm, I don't think they got annoyed, probably it was just a joke, they were messing as you both sent the same text

But when we asked what do You mean we didnt get w reponse?
Surely if they were messing then they would have said
I wouldn't take it personally people can be weird. It's common for girls to be cliquey like that. If you're interested I'd would probably move on because it doesn't sound like she feels the same way.
Original post by Kolijax
I wouldn't take it personally people can be weird. It's common for girls to be cliquey like that. If you're interested I'd would probably move on because it doesn't sound like she feels the same way.

So if see her now in class what approach do i take. Ignore as best as i can or talk and act as if nothing has happened.
Original post by Blackdarkness
So if see her now in class what approach do i take. Ignore as best as i can or talk and act as if nothing has happened.

I wouldn't bring it up, just move on as normal. Texting can cause a lot of confusion that dealing with people face-to-face doesn't. If you're still interested i'd approach her when she's away from her friends. Women can be cliquey so if she's with her friends you're going to have a hard time having a close conversation.
Original post by Kolijax
I wouldn't bring it up, just move on as normal. Texting can cause a lot of confusion that dealing with people face-to-face doesn't. If you're still interested i'd approach her when she's away from her friends. Women can be cliquey so if she's with her friends you're going to have a hard time having a close conversation.

Ok so i guess its best to keep the option there but not forcing things or go chasing.
Original post by Blackdarkness
Ok so i guess its best to keep the option there but not forcing things or go chasing.

Never chase, desperation is a massive turn-off.

Quick Reply

Latest