The Student Room Group

LSE: Marginally failed the entry requirements, applied anyways

I applied to LSE for BA Anthropology and Law.

Entry requirements:
an overall IB score of 37, with 666 at Higher Level

My predicteds:
overall score of 40, with 775 at Higher Level

I have a pretty good reference and tried to rock my personal statement. However, they won't consider my personal statement and reference in the initial assessment. I'm worried they will throw my application right into the bin bc I got a 5 in biology.
All my subjects are "traditional" subjects. Does this help? Do I have any chance?
Original post by bkareem
I applied to LSE for BA Anthropology and Law.

Entry requirements:
an overall IB score of 37, with 666 at Higher Level

My predicteds:
overall score of 40, with 775 at Higher Level

I have a pretty good reference and tried to rock my personal statement. However, they won't consider my personal statement and reference in the initial assessment. I'm worried they will throw my application right into the bin bc I got a 5 in biology.
All my subjects are "traditional" subjects. Does this help? Do I have any chance?

LSE emphasise on the course page that standard offers are only a guide and that each application is considered on its merits. Also, LSE are known to put great emphasis on the personal statement. So yes, you have a decent chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh not to put a downer on things but this is a high risk strategy.

When people say LSE put great emphasis on PS- they probably mean “I travelled extensively to learn about human geography and culture with my father who is US Secretary of State and mother who is director of UNICEF”
Original post by Trinculo

When people say LSE put great emphasis on PS- they probably mean “I travelled extensively to learn about human geography and culture with my father who is US Secretary of State and mother who is director of UNICEF”

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form/Personal-Statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo

Absolutely. I only put relevant extra-curriculars (head girl, research manager of a local NGO, volunteer for MUN) into my ps and directly related them to the course I'm applying for and wrote about the academic content I occupied myself with. I hope my ps isn't too superficial, 47 lines are too little to talk about everything in detail..

I hope everything will turn out fine :/
Original post by bkareem
Absolutely. I only put relevant extra-curriculars (head girl, research manager of a local NGO, volunteer for MUN) into my ps and directly related them to the course I'm applying for and wrote about the academic content I occupied myself with. I hope my ps isn't too superficial, 47 lines are too little to talk about everything in detail..

I hope everything will turn out fine :/

Hope so!

Oh, and what you're doing isn't a 'high risk strategy'. You have five choices and LSE is only one of them. If you fulfil the requirements for two or three of the others then you aren't risking anything. However, if you don't even apply you have no chance whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending